Kahului Maui Viper

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw a beautiful silver/gray Viper in Kahului, Maui. Just got a quick view of it as I was turning on to Dairy Rd. Looked like it was heading toward Hana, Spreckelsville, or upcountry direction. I think it was a Gen 3. Anybody here?

I have to say, driving around on Maui you see a lot of vettes, and I even saw a Lambo the other day. But that Viper just has a unique presence on the road. What a beautiful car. When you see one unexpected like that it kind of takes your breath away.

That's only the second viper I have ever seen here on maui. The other was a black Gen 3 I saw in Kehei.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was me! No wait, I was just dreaming! If I could ever be done with this career nonsense, that would be me. Ha! Ha! :)

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving a viper on the Road to Hana would have to be scary and exciting at the same time. That has to be one of the wildest roads I have ever driven, but I would want to be the only one on the road, those one lane bridges are narrow.

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, doubtful he was off to Hana. I wouldn't want to drive my viper on that road. I guess Paia or Spreckelsville, or just cruzing that direction. Neither of the cars I've seen in Maui have ever answered my post. There are no Vipers for rent here and the only way to get a car in is to ship it, so pretty safe bet those cars are resident. It will be nice to know that I won't have the only Viper on the island when I ship mine down in a few years, but I wish the others were in the VCA.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you come to Oahu, I know a guy that has a couple. lol. When they had the super ferry that we could bring our cars from one island to another, I was very tempted to bring one over there when I went to visit my sister; but oh well. Are you moving to Maui or Hawaii?

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving a viper on the Road to Hana would have to be scary and exciting at the same time. That has to be one of the wildest roads I have ever driven, but I would want to be the only one on the road, those one lane bridges are narrow.

You ought to ride one of those tour buses on it for 6 hours with 3 cracked ribs. Thats what I did about 4 years ago, the day before we had went horseback riding & I'll just leave it at that. I told my wife I thought they were cracked or broke but didn't know for sure until we got back home a couple of days later & I went to the hospital & had the x-rays done & sure enough they were cracked. Got to say that was one hell of a long & bumpy road to Hana!

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You ought to ride one of those tour buses on it for 6 hours with 3 cracked ribs.
Guess you didn't make it on to the seven sacred pools then? j/k. That would not be fun for sure.

If you come to Oahu, I know a guy that has a couple. lol.
I did stop by and visit Twister a couple of years ago. Damn nice guy really.