Kenne Bell 3.6 ltr Blower

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I want one of these!!!
Kenne Bell 3.6L Twin Screw - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Sean Roe is toying with the idea to retrofit the new Kenne Bell 2.8H as a replacement/upgrade to the current 2.4 blower. The 2.8H is identical (dimensionally) to the older MX424's that Sean used on his earlier kits. His newer kits (with the different-longer intake on the back) used a shorter MX424 blower. However, this 3.6 blower would be the killer solution...notwithstanding the various clearance issues. Kenne Bell WILL NOT sell me a 2.8H or upgrade my 2.4 to the 2.8 and suggests I go through Sean to get one. Oh well. I can dream can't I ?? Good discussion on how heat impacts the rotor-case design and the impact of the temp differential from inlet to output. Thus the water cooling on the new 3.6. Never really thought about that before. Maybe some of the failures folks have had has been due to front-to-back heat and expansion issues when pushing it really hard for extended periods...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys the EDITOR of Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords (Evan Smith )and i are very close if you have any questions PM me with your pnone number and i will call Evan.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably have to switch the hood (clearance issues )which is big dollars.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys the EDITOR of Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords (Evan Smith )and i are very close if you have any questions PM me with your pnone number and i will call Evan.
Evan used to have a few of these blowers lying around his office once again if he still does and you guys need a specific let me know.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too would be happy with a 0.4L increase... 15% in the same case? Sounds like an upgrade many of us would go for. I'm being told I have 2 options for more power: 1 - Paxton, 2 - Turbos. I like my roots, I want my roots!

Sean....por favor!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I too would be happy with a 0.4L increase... 15% in the same case? Sounds like an upgrade many of us would go for. I'm being told I have 2 options for more power: 1 - Paxton, 2 - Turbos. I like my roots, I want my roots!

Sean....por favor!

Aw Eddie...you know the Paxton rules:D:eater:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I want one of these!!!
Kenne Bell 3.6L Twin Screw - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Sean Roe is toying with the idea to retrofit the new Kenne Bell 2.8H as a replacement/upgrade to the current 2.4 blower. The 2.8H is identical (dimensionally) to the older MX424's that Sean used on his earlier kits. His newer kits (with the different-longer intake on the back) used a shorter MX424 blower. However, this 3.6 blower would be the killer solution...notwithstanding the various clearance issues. Kenne Bell WILL NOT sell me a 2.8H or upgrade my 2.4 to the 2.8 and suggests I go through Sean to get one. Oh well. I can dream can't I ?? Good discussion on how heat impacts the rotor-case design and the impact of the temp differential from inlet to output. Thus the water cooling on the new 3.6. Never really thought about that before. Maybe some of the failures folks have had has been due to front-to-back heat and expansion issues when pushing it really hard for extended periods...
So Eric, is Sean ready to start discussing the upgrade to the 2.8?
I didn't want to bring it up before because he wasn't ready to tell everyone.
The 3.6 would be very tempting though :omg:

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim..Yes and no. He hasn't started on the engineering of his kit but he has a 2.8 on his shelf that he is going to install on his GTS for some baselining work (when he has the time). He is one busy guy right now which is a great thing for Sean. Unfortunately that means we get to wait. Yesterday I was "scheming" with the Kenne Bell guys and they agreed to sell me a 2.8H (that was my takeaway atleast). HOWEVER, my spousal unit has other ideas...so one step forward, two steps back. I'd love to get a loaner 2.8 just to work the install issues but Sean recommended I let him cover that ground and just be patient. Hard for me to do that.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen3? phil, what are you smokin'? this is the gen1/2 section.
We are talking about an upgrade to current gen2 Roe kit. It came with the 2.4L Kenne Bell unit and we are talking about putting in a 2.8L, which it the same size dimensionally. Sean is in on it too ;) but some of us are anxious to get it going.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Bet that 3.6 will fit under my Diamondback hood...

My Roe intake has already been ported to handle additional air...

And we are pulling the engine and sending it out to be rebuilt next week...

That gives me a few weeks to...... :panic:

I'm guessing that the swap would require fab'n a new intake plate to mount the bigger blower. Sean must have been thinking of this when he built the intakes with the seperate blower mounting plate on top....
Won't require a completely different intake.......$

Using the existing intake with a new plate would/will be a big savings for guys doing a retro fit.

Blower snout length for pulley alignment is another consideration...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

I'm guessing that the swap would require fab'n a new intake plate to mount the bigger blower. Sean must have been thinking of this when he built the intakes with the seperate blower mounting plate on top....

Using the existing intake with a new plate would/will be a big savings for guys doing a retro fit.

I thought you already had a built motor? :dunno:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would anyone here want a blower?

Two turbo's will make you forget that useless air restriction for ever.

It may be a bit more expensive initially, but the ability to upgrade to power levels no blower can ever take you too. And the street ability is better than any blower could be either.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Mike - do you EVER even drive your Vipers as it seems that you are always in various build stages? What's the latest with your Serpent?

Hmmmm...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you already had a built motor? :dunno:

I DO have a brand new built engine. With 2 stage Nos. It has 600 or so breakin miles on it. Took it to be tuned and found out the rings are out(27% leakdown in one cyl.)..:(
Still made 737 hp though... Figured my best bet is to pull the engine now and replace the rings before there are more problems.
Which are inevitable.

Just got car back from A.R.T two days ago. (They can't pull engine right now due to some A.R.T "internal issues"). I am loading on my trailer today to drop off at JMB to pull the engine...again.:rolleyes:
Sending it back to Arrow. We'll see how they handle it.

Jeff Mory told me that the 2.4 was in no way big enough to "fill" the Striker heads. I'm sure a 3.6 would help...:D

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike - do you EVER even drive your Vipers as it seems that you are always in various build stages? What's the latest with your Serpent?

:lmao:

Unfortunately John, you are correct....:dunno:

TT SS.... JMB swapped out 4th engine harness two weeks ago. CAR STARTED and ran OK. Temperature got above freezing one day and drove around for about an hour. Not quite right
I was advised and swapped out the AEM ECU (also the 4th) Saturday. Car ran better but not right yet. Can't test drive it now because of the snow and ice...:(

The SS is going into chasis shop next week for 6 pt roll cage. It will be there for two weeks. Hopefully the weather is better then.

I'm hoping to get the new S/C engine back in 01 in a few weeks. I am switching that engine over to an AEM ECU also. When my tuner comes to STL to tune the SC car, he will also fine tune the TT... :dunno:

Don't say it John. I know.....:rolaugh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi