Kenne Bell 3.6 ltr Blower

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Roe is working on the 2.8? What about the 3.6? Would that be an option if we were to go to an aftermarket hood?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Roe is working on the 2.8? What about the 3.6? Would that be an option if we were to go to an aftermarket hood?

In the process of checking clearances with clay.

If it fits...it's ordered.....:D

Car_fall_color_nov_07_007.jpg

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted my 2.4 blower for sale over on the SVT forum (just the bare blower without the drive extension or pulley) since they seem to be killing each other for Kenne Bell 2.2 and 2.4 blowers when they come up for sale. Some interest but nothing solid. Kenne Bell told one guy that for everything he would need it would cost $1600.00...including the cost of a rebuild. I guess their SOP is to state rebuild rebuild rebuild in the case of used blowers. Nothing wrong with mine. Oh well. Just itching to either keep it off and try to sell or just put it back on and live with it. By the way, that site has a Kenne Bell forum that has some great info on these superchargers. Lots of insights as to how to properly maintain them too.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good luck Eric
I hope you sell your blower so you can move forward with this project

BTW, if you need extra $$, you can sell me those walbros you bought from Phil awhile back ;)

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin at JMB talked to Sean via email and he said the biggest problem was that the blower WIL NOT fit under a stock hood...

Justin at JMB took all the hood clearance measurements WITH my Diamond back hood...

IT WILL FIT !!!!

I probably need my head examined for starting another build like this but...

I am going to be installing the new 3.6 on my new engine. We are going to incorporate an even bigger custom intercooler and ...:D

I will be taking photos and posting the progress.

ELLOWVIPER.... FWIW, you might want to take some hood clearance measurements before you sell your blower.

Any body looking for a "ported" ROE blower?

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin at JMB talked to Sean via email and he said the biggest problem was that the blower WIL NOT fit under a stock hood...

Justin at JMB took all the hood clearance measurements WITH my Diamond back hood...

IT WILL FIT !!!!

I probably need my head examined for starting another build like this but...

I am going to be installing the new 3.6 on my new engine. We are going to incorporate an even bigger custom intercooler and ...:D

I will be taking photos and posting the progress.

ELLOWVIPER.... FWIW, you might want to take some hood clearance measurements before you sell your blower.

Any body looking for a "ported" ROE blower?
great news tree!
can't wait to see some pics

Eric is going to the 2.8H, not the 3.6
there should be little/no clearance issues with it

So how much does that DiamondBack hood cost? :eater:
last I checked, $5500

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last I checked, $5500[/quote]

I believe that's about right. You will need to add shipping and painting though...

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shot a bunch of pics for the EBAY ad today...maybe tomorrow I can get it listed. Seeing as I want to move it...maybe around $1000.00 reserve not including shipping. My wife just shakes her head with all this...but hey, she has no defense since she wanted that $3000.00 necklace returned :)

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK...got my FLEA-BAY ad up. Starting bid $1000.00. If you are going to be a bear...be a Grizzly. Of course this whole idea could blow up in my face and I could be blower-less as a result...but if I'm not driving..I'm not spending money either. So I tell my wife at least.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While doing some more research on the new 3.6, I found a good comparison and explanation of the new 2.8H and the 3.6...

Unfortunately they also had a price listed of $6899....:omg:
(Just for the blower...)

Not sure how they came up with that. I called Kenne Bell yesterday and said they wouldn't have pricing until next week... We'll see.

There's a very straightforward graph on last page.

Blower Dyno Numbers | 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine Article at Automotive.com

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep.. 2.4
Thanks for the link. I am interested what the 2.4 (alone) sells for.

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if I get the 2.8H and use my current 10 PSI pulley off my 2.4. I should be able to spin the pi$$ out of it and "hopefully" get 20 PSI of boost or so. I hope the current 7-rib Viper belt can take the punishment. No hits on my EBAY posting yet so I might just have to pull the trigger and get one outright.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll keep watching this thread as I am also interested in the upgrade.

Obviously the injectors (and driver box) would have to be changed out as the Green tops are close to maxed at 10psi.

Ted

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why do a lot of dragsters run blowers? Blowers and turbos are both great power adders and used for different purposes. Not always about to go to a higher power level.

Eric, for 1k, I am half tempted to buy a "spare" blower :)

Why would anyone here want a blower?

Two turbo's will make you forget that useless air restriction for ever.

It may be a bit more expensive initially, but the ability to upgrade to power levels no blower can ever take you too. And the street ability is better than any blower could be either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Green Tops with a boost referenced bypass fuel system should support the upgrade. I plan on twin walbros with an aeromotive return regulator. I should be able to get 70+ PSI fuel pressure and adequate flow to the green tops taking into account up to 20 PSI manifold pressure for a delivered fuel presure of 50+ PSI. It will probably be right at 100% duty cycle at 6K RPM...I just installed a digital fuel pressure gauge in my pillar pod and rignt now with the BAP and stock system, it drops to about 55 PSI at 6K. Usually at 60 PSI during cruise. So with 13 PSI indicated boost and 55 PSI fuel pressure, I can run my current set-up with a delivered fuel pressure of around 42-43 PSI at a great AFR. Not sure what the real limits of the green tops are.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie knows I'm just playing. That little red sled of his is fast. Fast enough that my 06 w/Paxton would have lost in any straitline race except top end.

It will also eat up 600cc sport bikes, that red car runs pretty well:D