Kenne Bell 3.6 ltr Blower

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The water in the blower is to reduce the heat induced expansion from front-to-rear in the housing and rotors of the blower...not an intercooler for the discharge. This way you can control clearances and tolerances a lot more vice accounting for expansion of materials in the preset clearances. Oh yeah, the MRS found out about the purchase when my credit card company phoned home to verify I authorized the purchase....OOOOPS. The fact that I sold the 2.4 for $1000.00 really didn't change her mood too much...so beware if you head out on this path!!
My wife left me long ago for my speed-addiction :smirk:
so I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Now I have to regulate myself :omg:

My only reason for not going straight to the 3.6 is $$. I would need the diamondback hood to start, then all the fab work and upgrades to support the new blower.

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only reason for not going straight to the 3.6 is $$. I would need the diamondback hood to start, then all the fab work and upgrades to support the new blower.

At that point I would very seriously consider going TT instead!

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flame Suit on.....but at the 100K mile mark who would still be running with relatively little in preventative or corrective maintenance...the Blower or the TT. Pros/Cons for each and I'm glad we have some choices. The new Kenne Bell offerings are just frosting for our cakes. Its just a matter of time before the big tuners capitalize on some of this updated technology. There is a big market for forced induction (well I guess there always has been in the history of internal combustion engines). I just love the simplicity of the ROE system and now it look like the ability to take it to some new levels. Like I originally started with in this thread...the 3.6 is really the Cat's meow but the 2.8 will have to do for now. So I wonder...cost notwithstanding...a TT or a 3.6 blower? For me, I'd rather have the 3.6 with the Diamondback (if it could be intercooled) and an 8/10 rib belt system (vice the current 7). I don't think the 7 rib will spin it to its full potential. TT are really slick and impressive if properly designed...but I just can't get past a big blower. Did that come off right??

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if this works as planned it sure does open up possibilities and options.

im sure you will keep good track of all expenses in this ordeal, its gonna be interesting. i DO like that diamondback hood too.

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sold/traded my (10) Green Tops for $100 and picked up (10) new Siemes DEKA IV 60lb EV-1 injectors for $260 net shipped ($360 - $100 = $260) At 55 PSI they should flow 70+lbs. So I'll be curious as to how these perform vs. the Bosch. Tech reports are really good. Mustang guys that have moved beyond the Green Tops love them.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flame Suit on.....but at the 100K mile mark who would still be running with relatively little in preventative or corrective maintenance...the Blower or the TT. Pros/Cons for each and I'm glad we have some choices. The new Kenne Bell offerings are just frosting for our cakes. Its just a matter of time before the big tuners capitalize on some of this updated technology. There is a big market for forced induction (well I guess there always has been in the history of internal combustion engines). I just love the simplicity of the ROE system and now it look like the ability to take it to some new levels. Like I originally started with in this thread...the 3.6 is really the Cat's meow but the 2.8 will have to do for now. So I wonder...cost notwithstanding...a TT or a 3.6 blower? For me, I'd rather have the 3.6 with the Diamondback (if it could be intercooled) and an 8/10 rib belt system (vice the current 7). I don't think the 7 rib will spin it to its full potential. TT are really slick and impressive if properly designed...but I just can't get past a big blower. Did that come off right??

I agree.

The "roots" blowers' power is right now and the TT comes on a little later
The ride in an "intercooled" 3.6 will be a lot different than the ride
in a TT.

Can't wait to compare the two.....:D