Key Scratches :( Should I paint the whole car?

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 7 months ago, I posted a topic about my Viper getting keyed just a few months after buying it. Last week, it got keyed again, but this time it is much worse
frown.gif
The first key scratch was on the left rear panel, just above the left rear tire, but this new key scratch is on the hood
frown.gif
It is also much deeper than the other key scratch
crying.gif

I need some input from you guys on whether I should get the whole car painted, (as to prevent having two body panels in new paint condition vs. 1 year old paint with swirl marks on the rest of the car) or to just get the hood and the left rear body panel painted
confused.gif
Please help, as the Viper looks really bad with these key scratches.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I'd question repainting the car at all if you can't park somewhere else. Why give the bas***ds a fresh canvas?</FONT f>

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would figure out who is keying your car, before doing anything. Sounds like no matter what you do your going to get your car keyed again... Did you cheat on your wife? Kick your neighbors dog? Urinate on a someones lawn?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One has to ask where you park your car and why? Just out of curiosity.

I would paint the whole car, BUT, not until you resolve the keying problem or your parking situation.

The fact of the matter is, you don't even have to personally po someone to get a car like the Viper keyed. Just being able to own one gets some **** po'ed enough to key it. Leaving it some place where it is an easy target is just asking for it.

ssssssnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not suggest getting the whole hood painted. They can do a fill, then blend technique which works very good. You wont be able to tell a difference.

My car is in the shop now having the same work...but from a bicycle that hit it. The scratch was on the hood, and it was about 10 inches long, and very deep.

Re-painting the whole hood will cost big bucks especially since you have stripes. Nice color by the way!!!! You really dont want to mess with the factory painted stripes if you dont have to. They are sanding the scratch, repainting the scratch area, and are re-clear coating the whole hood. No need to paint the whole hood.

Mark

PS You really need to kick some a**. Good luck on finding those jag-offs.

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear of your problem. It's enough to make a grown man cry. You might consider using a video camera to try to catch the **** bag in the act. Once you find out who did this to your car, you can take a year out of your life watching the "wheels of justice" grind ever so slowly -- or you can grab your Glock and blow his ba**s off.
death2.gif
death2.gif

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as smart as it may seem, repainting the whole car is not really a good idea. It reduces the value of the car. There isn't really a great option here. It really *****!

OP
OP
H

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it
supergrin.gif

The thing is, the first time my car got keyed was right in my own garage!!! I live in an apartment bulding, so about 100 other cars park on the same level basement parking that I park in! The security camera's are somehow only used for "real-time" viewing, and not for recording! So I couldn't find out who did it
pissed.gif

This second key scratch on the hood occured on a really busy street, in front of a restaurant (which I, unfortunately, wasn't in) on a Saturday afternoon! I don't even feel like driving the car out anymore because of fear of getting it scratched again, or the usual spit on the window
dead.gif

Whats wrong with these people?!?! Does it make them feel better when they do these things to such a car?!?!
confused.gif

I should get one of those flamethrowers that are used in South Africa!
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiper:
About 7 months ago, I posted a topic about my Viper getting keyed just a few months after buying it. Last week, it got keyed again, but this time it is much worse <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why some people do this, I will never understand. If I caught somebody doing this to my car, I would be in be in jail by now. Anyways, good luck with your car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang