Koni Question

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i adjusted the blue Koni shocks from my 2001 RT/10 (10,800 miles). All were at the softest setting. After adjusting each shock, the piston was slow to rise. Should the piston rise quickly or is this typical for the blue Konis? Thank you.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you adjusted them to a harder setting this changes the rebound, so the piston will get slower to rise, the harder the setting. Set them full stiff and you will have to pull the piston up out, or wait all day!

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i adjusted the blue Koni shocks from my 2001 RT/10 (10,800 miles). All were at the softest setting. After adjusting each shock, the piston was slow to rise. Should the piston rise quickly or is this typical for the blue Konis? Thank you.

How are the Gen 2 Koni's adjusted? I hope they're not like other konis I've used where you need to unbolt them, then compress them all the way and rotate while compressed to the desired setting.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"How are the Gen 2 Koni's adjusted? I hope they're not like other konis I've used where you need to unbolt them, then compress them all the way and rotate while compressed to the desired setting."

... Yes, that's how they are!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you adjusted them to a harder setting this changes the rebound, so the piston will get slower to rise, the harder the setting. Set them full stiff and you will have to pull the piston up out, or wait all day!

I thought single adjustables primarily changed the compression.

OP
OP
C

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Nadine...sounds as if they may be in okay shape after all. I should get them dyno'ed, but there are a few other tasks in front of that.

Reaction score
Nope all shocks with one adjustment control rebound first although some affect both rebound (most) and compression (minimum). Rebound gives the most tuning advantage and can control a higher aftermarket spring rate better.

I thought single adjustables primarily changed the compression.