Kumho tires

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The V700's are still available. I know JonB at partsrack had some, thats where i bought mine from 2 months ago.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The V700's are still available. I know JonB at partsrack had some, thats where i bought mine from 2 months ago.

How do you like them so far?

I loved them when I had them on. Hated the look of them, but loved the grip and ride! :

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How do you like them so far?

I loved them when I had them on. Hated the look of them, but loved the grip and ride! :

Hi Casey,

well since u got the new tires installed the temps have not been over 50 degrees so i cant say just yet. they do hook better at 50 than my old pilot sports, i cant wait till summer already :)

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like mine. Got them from Jon B few months ago. They don't hook as well as the BFG's but much better than the pilot sports. Now that the weather has gotten cooler I'm back to no traction, but I don't think anything would grip, with the increase HP I'm getting stuffing all that cold air in, combined with the cooler road temps. They do however handle 10x better than the BFG's around turns. BUT, they are the ugliest tires I ever had on a car. I didn't think it would bother me because they are just tires, but they really look like they just don't fit the stock rim.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like mine. Got them from Jon B few months ago. They don't hook as well as the BFG's but much better than the pilot sports. Now that the weather has gotten cooler I'm back to no traction, but I don't think anything would grip, with the increase HP I'm getting stuffing all that cold air in, combined with the cooler road temps. They do however handle 10x better than the BFG's around turns. BUT, they are the ugliest tires I ever had on a car. I didn't think it would bother me because they are just tires, but they really look like they just don't fit the stock rim.

Now that you mention it too, they do look terrible on the stock rim, almost like they dont fit correctly and it makes the rim stick out some. At least thats how it looks on my ACR.

My next set of tires will be the BFG drag radials, im not too worried about curves as i am straight line traction. That's what most of my driving is.

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the Toyo RA1's. It's the tire they run in WSC and it's great on the street.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Try the Toyo RA1's. It's the tire they run in WSC and it's great on the street.

They run it because its the sponsored-Spec tire for the series. They MUST run it! Privately, most Viper drivers will tell you they are mediocre in RACE events. Not a bad track-day or street tire. My wife has 'em on her Z0-6 and my CPA has em on her magnesium track-day / pace car RT/10 wheels.