KW V2 for SRT-10 for 2500 New.. Should i go for it?

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to get some KW v2 for 2500 out the door brand new. Is this a good deal? how does everyone like them?

Thanks

Paul

2005 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I do not own a set, I think for $2500 brand new you would be making a wise decision. Not sure what type of coilover and/or ride suits your fancy but if you were considering them I wouldnt pass up that offer.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on my 09. They ride far better than stock, give better control, and allow you to easily adjust your ride height, or corner balance your Viper.

Do not think they are as good as Penske or Moton, but they are a nice upgrade over stock, especially for a street driven Viper. (For track you, you might wish to consider the next step up.

Price is great. Gonna pay 3x for better.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^ yep , big time change of how the car handles- better feel

OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So found out more today guy has had them for 4.5 yr in the box never installed could they be bad from sitting that long?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would say they are fine- call kw and talk to them about that

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is a great price ... over $1k less than we sell them for

who's offering you this deal?

OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A guy on ebay was selling them had them for 2900 i offered 2000 he came back with 2500. Here is the link if anyone wants them. I also have some pics he sent me if anyone wants them

MODERATOR EDIT No links please
I ended up finding some Moton on ebay for 2200 that i purchased instead

Thanks

Paul

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy on ebay was selling them had them for 2900 i offered 2000 he came back with 2500. Here is the link if anyone wants them. I also have some pics he sent me if anyone wants them

I ended up finding some Moton on ebay for 2200 that i purchased instead

Thanks

Paul

If these were the same Moton's I saw, good luck. Those were off a Comp Coupe and will not work the same for a street Viper. Talk to Mark at Woodhouse, he can fill you in on all the details. He saved me from a $2500 mistake as I was going to use the Buy it Now and get them becuase the price was pretty good for Moton's.

OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep they were i talked to mark about it and luckly the guy was cool enough on ebay to refund my money so back to square one i guess

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are valved stiffer and you'll need some shims at the mounting points. That's what I've been told by vendors that sell Moton (Motion) and KW.

OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep and I emailed moton also and here is what they said

The dampers should fit ,however I am not sure about the lengths. The open lengths could be shorter of a Viper Comp. Coupe

Open length Viper Comp. Coupe: Front 504mm Rear 361

Open length Viper SRT-10: Front 543,5mm Rear 405mm

OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That cheap!! Yea i just went with spring caps. Never really going to track the car so this will just take up the wheel gap a bit

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That cheap!! Yea i just went with spring caps. Never really going to track the car so this will just take up the wheel gap a bit
dont drive your car hard with those caps- they make the car super loose in corners

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21