KWIK96 -- Pictures For You and Others -- KWIK96

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter,
Here are some Pictures of the vented cowl.

428Vented_Cowl_01-med.JPG

428Vented_Cowl_06-med.JPG

428Vented_Cowl_07-med.JPG

Oh yes,

:needpics:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can have them painted any color you want....even with stripes right from PartsRack. Are they just for looks or is there a benefit?

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad0953,
I can tell you that with the engine hot, put your hand over the grill mesh, and the heat coming from the engine compartment is hot.
You can get an idea by cracking open your hood, and feel the hot air coming from the engine under the windshield - basically where the vents are.
You will be surprised.
Later,

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETS,
Ya, I'm not sure, because when I got this, there were no cutouts in the cowl, and the grills were loose, 3 pieces. I think the Autoform is complete (paint or not). I cut the holes/slots in the cowl to fit the grills.
Later,

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great Job Don. :2tu:
Looks just like a bought one.
I have one on my 96 and it works well.

Next project is the wheel arch vents.....

OP
OP
R

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter,
....wheel arch vents...
Explain?
Have you installed the side sill vents that let air into the front of the side sill?

428Side_Sill_Vent_005-med.jpg

428Side_Sill_Vent_002-med.jpg

Later,

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question.... but if these hot air goes underneath the windshield.... what does this do with the windshield?

People often damage their windshield due to bad usage of the AC (normal cars). What happens, the windshield is heated up, and AC is turned on the other side of the windshield. The cold combined with the heat makes the windshield to crack.

So, what do you think of this?

The vented cowl looks good in fact!

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmmmm, a color matched one sure would look nice :)

My thoughts exactly....anyone paint theirs to match the car....Pics?? ??

Just a couple days since I got my car. The previous owner had it painted to match the car.

2133cd_1.jpg

21331e_1.jpg

I like the vented cowl better. I'm sure it will look nice painted too.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea, looks good too. Sure it'll vent out at slow speeds, but once you get up and going, the opposite will happen, as air flows over the car and ramps up the windshield there is air pressure (compressed) at the cowl and cooler air will be forced into the engine bay, yet when the car is sitting in traffic it'll vent the engine compartment. 2 thumbs for your cowl ruckdr. :2tu:

KWIK96 - Coincidently I was talking about air pressure zones with another member. Your placement of the vents rear of the front tires is a great location. I used to work with wind tunnel simulation modelling, and there is a high pressure zone behind the front tire, you will get reasonable air flow into the sills at that location when moving at speed. The louvers hinder the air flow in that direction, but I understand the esthetics rather than having exposed holes and it's surely better than no holes and less tire spray water / debris. 2 thumbs for that design also. :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960