KY Speedway ROCKS!

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just returned from doing laps on KY Speedway and the experience was great!
Hopefully, Dan will post some pics for our enjoyment.
Saw several Vipers.

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a BLAST! I will try to post some pic's later, probably tomorrow. takin the wife to a movie (mystic river - heard it was/is good) then a nice dinner at prima vista! sweet! but not as sweet as hitting triple digits coming out of turn two! yessssssssssssssssss! :2tu: :headbang: :2tu:

CincyKen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your guys are right. It was a great time!
I am looking foreward to the next time.
Cincy Ken

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad you guys had fun !!! We had a GOOD meeting...25-30 folks driving 9 Vipers, a herd of Rams, Durangos, etc. Vipers always draw a crowd in the parking lot !!!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you guys had a great time. I took the ACR out for a bit for it's first shake down run after the mods and ownership.

Lets plan a get together soon. Cruise, photo shoot, hanging out and a cool restaurant with Viper friendly parking, etc.

If you head over the the other viper site...I posted a pic thread in the viper section.

KyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ky Speedway was great. Had two runs of 6 plus laps each and the old speedo-meter saw some new territory over the century mark.
I got to meet a couple of fellow Viper owners and I am convinced that replacing the Vette with the Viper was hands down one of my better decisions.
I got a lot of Pics of several Vipers and will get them posted ASAP.
What a day.

JPM.

OP
OP
G

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two runs of 6 laps each? How much did you tip the pace car driver? (Maybe it wasn't only the speedo that saw a 100?)
Sure was a trip. I hear they'll have another date in November.
I had a C-5 and liked it. The Viper is simply in a whole different category. The drive back home on I-71 and 75 caused quite a stir.

CincyKen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that the pace car drivers are partial to Vipers. The first time out I was behind 2 Corvettes. They were not interested in using the gas pedal. I was hacked off. When I came off the track I spoke with the pace track driver about the lack of speed on our run. He agreed. I got to go back out and really run for 6 laps. I was over 115 on both the front and back straigtaways. I know its not that fast but it was much more fun than the first time out. I did give our pace driver some "lunch money"!
I was informed that anyone can rent the track... $4000 for the whole day. So if we can get 20 Vipers @ $200 per car were in business.
I am looking foreward to it again.
Cincinnati Ken

2001 ACR Saphire/Silver
B&B Headers, Borla & Sean Roe high flow cats etc..

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ken-

count me in for $200.... i mentioned to my buddy while he was videoing our run that it would be great to rent the track w/ some other viper owners and really throw it down. sounds like 2 down, 18 to go....

who else is in? rick i'm sure you'd be in right?

:2tu:

OP
OP
G

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you even have to ask?
When my laps were completed yesterday, I couldn't believe I was already finished. I needed more...more....

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested in renting for the day too. We'd have to be sure about what they actually allow you to do on the track while there. I know some of my other Prowler friends would be interested too. We could get a nice group together.

speedway video

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sly, the Prowler handles great, it's low, wide, and has wide tires. I can throw it into a turn almost as fast as the Viper. It's not just a show car.

OP
OP
G

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to hear a dozen Vipers on the speedway with open headers. That would be some kind of music.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96