LA Auto show killed it

gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gen 1,2 vipers are clasic with beautiful lines. the gen 3 is the AMC of the vipers. maybe gen4 will go back to the smooth curves that makes a viper... a viper.

i never cared for the hard lines of the new viepr. looks like a vette

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is kind of scary that now DC is using "more cargo space" as a big selling point for the new Viper coupe.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I knew the bulk of you get it! But watch yourselves... As you might be perceived as "those of you who don't know too much about cars in the first place." according Knuk. LOL
You know one of the check boxes is exotic car buying is cargo space and room for the family. LOL

AviP and Gary are right... DC has NO VISION!

I saw Fiona from VHQ was asking about colors on another thread. She such a sweet person I didn’t have the heart to write “Slim Lime Green” with Purple stripes.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
now that I ponder it... Maybe the original 1970 Plymouth Panther Pink would be a good color.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever....I love my SRT on the track as it is much better than the GTS or the RT ever was - just my opinion. I like all Vipers, unlike yourself, but why do you run down a good thing. Just because you don't like it does not mean that it is a piece of [******]. I can respect your opinion on the SRT but don't run me down for liking the car.
By the way do you have snow tires?? I have been to your neck of the woods several times and froze my ass off.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and since you asked, yes I own two Vipers and I am in the process of purchasing a TVR Tuscan. Not that a NON-CAR guy like me, who needs glasses might I add would expect you to know what that is. So go watch the movie Swordfish.
Well I do know what the TVR is - an awesome car. Even Bugs Bunny drove one in Looney Tunes Back in Action :smirk:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a great looking car but it lacks passion, lust and "holy s**t" "look at that thing"

I would still like to own one but would REALLY like it if it had 600HP.

I will just wait 3-4 years and pick one up for about 50K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Knuk - I’m entitled to my opinions as you are. Either way I enjoyed a good laugh, you make me say some funny s----!

To the snow tires comment…Canadian winters, you’ll need em’. VHQ/DC might want to make that a new point of selling features with the new GTS to go along with large cargo space. NJ doesn’t nearly get enough snow. I wish it did then I could build a snowmobile with a Viper engine on it.

In all fairness to my soon to be purchased TVR and let’s not sugar coat it. Since I’m not one to mince words… The TVR is a piece of $%%t, however it does have a Viperish body, very k00l instrument cluster and steering column, no bumpers, killer looking head lights. In fact its mechanics are horrible according to my British brethren. It should be about as reliable as a Jaguar, which isn’t saying much! But for me I’d rather have a unreliable TVR Tuscan than an SRT. It has the one thing it has that neither one of my other Vipers have: RIGHT hand drive. Yeah baby... I have waited many years for a right hand drive car and a much better way for babe watching might I add. LOL

Hmmm… Maybe I should convert my GTS/R into right hand drive? Nah…. TVRin it…

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's your opinion though.

You have to realize, many people aren't as enthralled with the Viper as we all are.

I recently showed my boss (a very big car-guy, never really into Vipers) a pic of the new Coupe from CarandDriver.

His mouth dropped open, he started to drool, and I found out just yesterday that he fully intends on buying one, even if he has to buy one second-hand for the '06 MY (he even went and bought the magazine himself, and tac'ed up the pages in his office)

It just goes to show, these cars CAN influence people.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't made it to the LA Show to see it in person yet but from the photos, it looks like an SRT that's had a sex change operation. Sticking a round GTS roof on an SRT won't do it for me. I'm not that desperate for a coupe. I wonder why Dodge didn't stick with the Comp Coup styling when they had a clear winner. Instead we get the automotive version of a transexual (transtopsual??)

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It actually looks more like a GTS than an SRT to me.

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad these pic's came up when they did. I ordered my coupe with Bill from woodhouse that day. :2tu:
This post sold another one.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chevy not only announced the new Z06 today, but they also highlighted their C6-R race car that has it's sights set squarely on the Viper Comp Coupe. It will make it's debut in March at the 12 Hours of Racing of Sebring. It will have full factory support.

DC, are you there . . .?!!