Laguna Seca Sound Limti

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it that a STOCK exhaust which meets all EPA and CA standards is illegal at a "Racetrack". It's okay to drive on the street but illegal at the track? Is it me or does this "sound" ridiculous. Seriously from a legal perspective, is it okay for a county to declare a EPA/CA legal car illegal to use in it's unmodified state? The track has certainly been there longer than 99% of all residential housing within earshot.
Preaching to the choir, bud. :)

Seca is nestled in with pricey real estate, though, and suffers as a result. Seems to me the dB meter should be out there on a residential street and not trackside.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
How is it that a STOCK exhaust which meets all EPA and CA standards is illegal at a "Racetrack". It's okay to drive on the street but illegal at the track? Is it me or does this "sound" ridiculous. Seriously from a legal perspective, is it okay for a county to declare a EPA/CA legal car illegal to use in it's unmodified state? The track has certainly been there longer than 99% of all residential housing within earshot.

Hey Armen,

What really needs to happen at LS is a group of us throw a few bucks to a VCA member / attorney / racer and file a lawsuit based upon what you just stated.

If the car passes Federal noise regs and is legal to drive on the street, HOW can it not be legal to drive on a race track???

I've been saying the same thing for a while now and it might just happen as a few of the Porsche guys and likely the Ferrari guys feel the same way.

If the Govt doesn't get it soon, they will end up in yet another waste of the taxpayers money defending an indefensible position that was probably foisted upon us by some govt appointee.

Dan