Latest serious threat to the Viper...

racetech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many cars have been introduced that appear to be genuine threats to the Viper as far as perforance and sheer head-yanking ability. Guys, my heart sank when I found this one...the Serbo-Croation engineers have been hard at work and it looks like they're really out for blood this time.

The pics below are of the new 2004 Y500 Turbo XL Yugo, due to be introduced in the US around May of next year. The specs are pretty awesome, and I really am afraid this one is the real deal and will give the Viper one hell of a run for its money. I understand they are real terrors on the road course. The last pic is the Yugo Telephone, one of many Yugo Y500 accessory items that will be offered near the time of introduction. Yikes!

2004 Yugo Y500 Turbo XL Specs:

Engine - 5.4L V6 OHC, MFI
Turbo - Twin w/Intercoolers
Horsepower - 390 @ 6900 rpm's
Torque - 308 lbs/ft @ 4800 rpm's
Transmission - 5-Spd Standard OD
Curb Weight - 2120 lbs.

Bob

You must be registered for see images

The Yugophone

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, I think you got off at the wrong St. Charles exit on the way home, or did you drive out to Warrenton to find these classically restored automobiles? :)

There's something about that 3rd car that has a ring to it...

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, that thing is off the hook!
For the rice effect on the road, the receiver goes on the back as a giant wing! I go where yugo.

ByteMe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My brother actually had 2 of those $#@* things years ago - one was just for parts. For halloween, he dressed up as a crash test dummy and the car was marked like a crash test car - probably the best use of a Yugo ever.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know why Yugos had rear window heaters?? Keeps your hands warm while pushing it!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought they were coming out with an SUV for 2004 called the Wego.

.... sorry, couldn't resist...