Learn me about 2001 & 2002 GTS Vipers!

OP
OP
E

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any reason to prefer the early GTS coupes to the later ones? The differences are:

Early: Forged internals, no ABS

Late: ABS, no Forged internals

Right?

Also, is an ACR worth looking into? I have the funds to consider one, but they're extremely rare and getting a good one is going to involve hefty shipping or a lot of driving. Do owners of them find them to have been worth the extra money?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd stay with early gen 2's 96-99 that forged is worth it, it opens so many doors, SC/TT/NOS without worry, besides those forged motors are TANKS, much less of those needing rebuilds when the 00-02

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, is an ACR worth looking into? I have the funds to consider one, but they're extremely rare and getting a good one is going to involve hefty shipping or a lot of driving. Do owners of them find them to have been worth the extra money?

I bought the ACR because I liked the looks of the wheels, and it already had adjustable suspension. It also gave me just a little notch higher on exclusivity. The reality nowadays is that there are a lot of sources for good looking aftermarket wheels, and several sources for adjustable suspension that there weren't when I was buying. I'd say that for most people, a regular GTS is exclusive enough; but, my opinion will be different when I go to market my car for sale some day.

mitchdob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So.... 'to each their own'....

I wanted pure unadulterated, unaltered, raw horsepower - a naturally aspirated engine. That's just because to me a Gen II Viper = raw. I didn't want turbos, super charger, nitros. Nothing wrong with those, it's just not what I wanted. Naturally aspirated was for me.

So it took my time and ended up eventually finding the ACR I wanted.... a low mileage (14k) 2000 GTS ACR - Steel Grey Pearl with painted Black stripes and badge delete option (ie: dealer mods at ​Fitzgerald Dodge, NH)). And the car had the engine mods I wanted (cast internals w/ 708 cam, Belanger, 3:54 gears, more....). And I was lucky enough to find out that Eddie Martin built it.

So anyway I see no reason to discount any year Gen II ACR. My ACR has no forged internals and no ABS and I love it. Its everything I've ever dreamed of. Wishing you all the best in your search.

2000_Viper_GTS_ACR.jpg