Lemans Series Update-C5 takes lead from Saline/Viper Far Behind

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without factory support or a deep pockets sponser its nigh impossible for the Vipers to compete with the factory backed Vette's and the Saleens....I read in C&D pullout about LeMans that the R&D for Vipers stopped when DC & Oreca decided to move on to the LMP class...Oh well...Heres to hoping DC wises up and puts those sweeeeet Competition coupes in the GTS or even LMP class a'la Porshe or Benz CLK, where they belong.....I dont want to see the new GTS's on the level of M3 and Porche GT2 in the GT class....It should be back doing what the old one did to the new Vettes for the past 3 years: Demoralizing the GM Vettes
biggrin.gif

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad we can't get enough signatures for a petition or something. Racing in the GT class is not enough, otherwise all we're gonna be hearing is that "the Corvette is so much more amazing than the Viper since it races a class higher".
frown.gif

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a simple solution guys. Don't waste your time getting a petition signed. Hit the streets, find some sponcers, buy a couple of used GTS-R's (they are available if you look) and go racing. Carry the torch for all Viper owners.

What? Did you say you can't justify the expense? Well...either can most manufacturers (for an extended time).

How long do you think Chevy will continue do this? Maybe another year? I hear they are getting ready to build a couple of customer C-5 R's. I bet that they will leave it up to the privateers very soon. What do they have to prove? No Vipers...No competition...No interest. They are beating Saleens. Most people don't even know what a Saleen is. Or if they have heard of it, they think it's a tricked out Mustang.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also wish Vipers were going to be back in GTS. It was a great rivalry and made the races very exciting.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darth, I think you have it backwards. Look at the results from the 2000 season. Who took home all the championship trophys. It's a good thing the Vipers retired or the GM boys would still be playing catch-up. By the way, has Chevy come out with the 427 motor in their street car yet?
NO?
Go figure.