Lets get a final REAL count on guys screwed over from JH...

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard (i.e. was told) that you guys had been "made right". Sounds like that ain't close to the truth though.

You know what they say about all those monkeys on the typewriters. I bet if you keep posting what you hear long enough eventually some of it will be true.

Well, you are proving the "keyboard monkey" part to be true....

After-sale support is very important, as is the integrity, honesty, and ethical behaviour of the vendor. In that respect, I really feel Heffner and Levin are really head and shoulders above the rest.

In other words, you think if someone who had owed them money or return of a product for several months and done nothing about it started posting BS about their supercharger systems, they wouldn't mention that person's lack of financial responsibility on the internet. That is your reason for leaving Sean Roe out of your expert recommendation, isn't it?

Well since you brought it up, I have heard bad things about other tuners I left out. I have not heard anything bad about Levin or Heffner. And the fact that I can't say anything good about Roe is not just due to my situation, but others as well. Why are you such a fanboy? You posted on EVERY thread ever that is less than stellar about Sean and bashed the poster. Why? Are you THAT insecure about what you bought? Do you need that much reinforcement of your decision? Sean is a big boy and can handle himself, I'm sure, and probably doesn't need (or want) your constant re-hashing of the story.

I'm sure in your 1 year membership and 500 posts, you have learned all the stories about all the tuners, but why don't you edumacate yourself a little before you spout off next time, or you'll continue to look like the board imbecile. Sort of like how you looked when you flamed Adelberg. :rolleyes:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if you've never heard "anything" bad about Heffner or Levin, you really don't follow things too closely. They are both great tuners, but as you so sagely pointed out in your earlier post, you can't satisfy 100% of your customers, and they have their Bruntons and Adelbergs too. :)

And have I really posted in "EVERY" thread saying anything negative about Sean? Gosh, that would be, um, let's see, what, TWO or so? Or do you count those two previous threads of yours on the alley separately? BTW, did you delete that thread on the alley or did the moderator take pity on you and delete it before you made yourself look even sillier? The really funny thing is I truly don't know of anyone other than you and the Adelberg guy that has attacked Sean about anything. Perhaps the two of you could compare notes and see if a class action is in order.

As far as Sean goes, I'm not chairman of his fanclub; I'm just a customer who's always been treated fairly. I have no problem whatsoever with someone posting about bad experiences with Sean or any other tuner, but I do have a low tolerance level for resident "experts" with no personal experience who don't know what they're talking about. It's amazing to see someone who doesn't own a Viper supercharger system of any kind pontificate on all the experiences and problems of buyers of the various systems, based on what they've "heard." It isn't about "defending Sean," as he needs no "defense." His customers are numerous and can speak for themselves. Most of them even pay him on time. :smirk: If you or anyone else have personally had a bad experience with Sean or his products, you have every right to voice your concerns. I wouldn't hesitate to do so myself under the appropriate circumstances. But what you don't have a right to do is post false BS that you claim to have "heard." And the reason I posted in this thread is because the guy you were responding to and anyone else reading this thread needs to know that your seemingly objective thoughts on tuners are colored by your recent beef with Sean. That's all.

Oh, and as far as edumacation (did I spell that right?), is that guy who bought Adelberg's "defective" brakes still running them with no problems? How many track miles do they have on them now? And have you figured out the difference between a VEC2 and a PCM yet? I'm hoping you can enlighten me on these and other issues seeing as how you've been around so long and have all those posts and all--you do know what you're talking about don't you?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if you've never heard "anything" bad about Heffner or Levin, you really don't follow things too closely. They are both great tuners, but as you so sagely pointed out in your earlier post, you can't satisfy 100% of your customers, and they have their Bruntons and Adelbergs too. :)

And have I really posted in "EVERY" thread saying anything negative about Sean? Gosh, that would be, um, let's see, what, TWO or so? Or do you count those two previous threads of yours on the alley separately? BTW, did you delete that thread on the alley or did the moderator take pity on you and delete it before you made yourself look even sillier? The really funny thing is I truly don't know of anyone other than you and the Adelberg guy that has attacked Sean about anything. Perhaps the two of you could compare notes and see if a class action is in order.

As far as Sean goes, I'm not chairman of his fanclub; I'm just a customer who's always been treated fairly. I have no problem whatsoever with someone posting about bad experiences with Sean or any other tuner, but I do have a low tolerance level for resident "experts" with no personal experience who don't know what they're talking about. It's amazing to see someone who doesn't own a Viper supercharger system of any kind pontificate on all the experiences and problems of buyers of the various systems, based on what they've "heard." It isn't about "defending Sean," as he needs no "defense." His customers are numerous and can speak for themselves. Most of them even pay him on time. :smirk: If you or anyone else have personally had a bad experience with Sean or his products, you have every right to voice your concerns. I wouldn't hesitate to do so myself under the appropriate circumstances. But what you don't have a right to do is post false BS that you claim to have "heard." And the reason I posted in this thread is because the guy you were responding to and anyone else reading this thread needs to know that your seemingly objective thoughts on tuners are colored by your recent beef with Sean. That's all.

Oh, and as far as edumacation (did I spell that right?), is that guy who bought Adelberg's "defective" brakes still running them with no problems? How many track miles do they have on them now? And have you figured out the difference between a VEC2 and a PCM yet? I'm hoping you can enlighten me on these and other issues seeing as how you've been around so long and have all those posts and all--you do know what you're talking about don't you?

Ok, Red, let's clear the air.

I did not say anything bad about Sean's SC based on a grudge against Sean. It's not very accurate to think that I just "heard" some stuff and regurgitated it online. I have a few friends with these setups, and I talk to a lot of folks who have them. Yes, most are happy, and some are not. There are a LOT of people who, for whatever reason, don't post about the problems they have with ANY product. You, on the other hand, I don't think have been around too long and probably don't know many things, and stories and 'issues' from years back. You were way, way out of line to flame Adelberg - I don't think you know anything of his situation, which as far as I am concerned was a pretty crappy deal on both sides. As for what Adelberg is running now - do you know what changes were made to the kit after the "incident"??? Is the stock kit still being used? Didn't think so. Is Ken happy? Do you know him to know whether he is or not?

You think my opinions of Roe Racing are colored by my recent beef? Yyou could not be further from the truth - but it doesn't stop you speaking out anyway. I did not post anything bad about his SC after our "issue" - it was all BEFORE. You'd think a lawyer would have better comprehension of timelines? I don't own his supercharger (and I wouldn't), but I did build a custom turbo setup on my Vette, and I did all the electronics (including building a custom ECM myself), and I have a pretty good knowledge of electronics, and forced induction. And I am a multi-time customer of Roe as well - so my opinions about his business are, quite frankly, none of YOUR business. But you keep popping up in any thread about him and you seem to take issue with the fact that I didn't lump him into my list of "good" vendors. Well, I didn't put RSI, TNT, [******] or a lot of others in there as well. But you latched on to Roe (fanboy syndrome). I don't think Sean needs you to be his keyboard cowboy, and if he needs one, someone a little more articulate and knowledgeable would be a better choice.

I know plenty about all the tuners out there. Once you've been in the club a little longer, you'll get to know some stuff too, rather than spouting off about issues you really don't understand. Like my "issue" with Sean - which wasn't anything to do with a payment, but rather the return of a defective product. You keep talking about late pay - it was late return, which turned into "I'll just pay for the thing". So you're wrong again - but still talk about it. Seems you're wrong pretty often, huh?

The irony is that you are accusing *me* of talking about something I don't know anything about - but not only are you wrong, but you are doing the exact same thing in return. And since you talk so much about the Alley, why don't you post over there? How weak is it to post over here about stuff going on over there. Are you scared of posting up over there? Or have you been too busy chasing ambulances to have time? LOL

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am another satisified Roe customer.....I also want to go on record to say that DLM and Heffner build fine product as well. JH builds some of the fastest Vipers in the world.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Children,children..Now please..relax there..How come this always happens on a thread..It gets derailed...Listen, up to this point still no names.I heard of two guys, thats it..So my point is proven that people are scared to tell there story..Why??who knows..about the other tuners, well..I don't think it's that bad that they are being sued.There will never be a customer 100% happy..Thats part of the game...

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BNB, sorry for hijacking your thread, and I'll let this one go after this post.

MB, with aplogies to Bob Dole, the air isn't going to be clear until you stop lying about my (and more importantly YOUR) record. You're a fairly articulate guy, and good at coming up with red herrings to divert discussion to something irrelevant, but you have a real problem with facts and the truth, apparently. For example: you keep mentioning this Adelberg guy and that I "flamed" him, and as best I can tell from deciphering your rantings you think this proves 1) I flamed Adelberg over a Roe issue and now you over a Roe issue, ergo I'm Roe's "fanboy"; and 2) I'm wrong about Adelberg and therefore wrong about you. The FACTS are that Adelberg was alleging his Roe suspension (I don't recall ever saying anything about his brakes, which is another story) was awful in one thread, while trying to sell the same suspension in another thread that said nothing about the fact he thought it was terrible--in fact, as I recall he said it "worked as intended" or some such Clintonspeak. All I said was that those two threads appeared inconsistent with each other, and I don't think he even denied that. So it had nothing whatsoever to do with whether he actually had a problem or defending Sean, but was about whether he should disclose his opinion of the suspension to prospective buyers. What's your position on that issue? That thread was what, a year ago? Now I'd say someone who took those facts and twisted them to try to support a "Roe's fanboy" theory is either disingenuous, not too smart, or hopelessly uninformed. Which are you?

Another good example of your ever-changing versions of facts is your statement above that you are a "multi-time customer" of Roe--in other words, you speak from experience rather than pull things from your posterior as I have suggested. You made a similar statement in one of your posts on the alley criticizing the Roe blower, specifically:

Nothing against Sean, he's a great guy and I had several of his parts on my car and was satisfied, but it seems this particular product doesn't work on most cars.

Interestingly, this seemingly innocuous effort to bolster your credibility is apparently false, because you also posted on this board two weeks ago that:

I bought from Roe three times - NEVER AGAIN! The first fan kit I got was the wrong one. The second purchase of a scooter went all awry, and only my 3rd purchase of gloves went off without a hitch.

So did you buy ONE part for your car (the fan kit) from Sean that was the wrong one and left you UNSATISFIED, or did you buy SEVERAL parts that left you SATISFIED? Or are scooters and gloves car parts? Or do your standards for satisfaction change from time to time, even in hindsight? What's the TRUTH, Mike? Or have I just not been in the "club" long enough to understand these complicated issues?

I'd post some of that garbage you were spewing on the Roe s/c thread at the alley and take it apart, but I really don't want to disseminate it to a wider audience. And besides, I've already done that at the place I don't post (according to you) in your "My beef with Sean Roe" thread that soon disappeared. You never did say who deleted it, btw. I'd go look for it again but I'm "scared" to go over there. LOL. I dare you to post anything else bad about the Roe s/c. Double dare you. LOL. Triple dare?

BTW, I don't chase ambulances, but I appreciate the business generated by those who do. :)

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I didn't put RSI, TNT, [******] or a lot of others in there as well.
Uh oh, Mike, you didn't put in DC Performance or SVSi. And for vendors, you didn't mention Parts Rack, Snake Oyl, Corsa, Borla, Paxton, etc. You're in trouble. The whole board is gonna come after you in full force! hahaha

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
......... I dare you to post anything else bad about the Roe s/c. Double dare you. LOL. Triple dare?

Definitely go for the "triple dog dare" next.... that one get's them every time... no one can resist the "triple dog dare"!!!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Triple dog dare - should be good for another page or two. Of course then
you risk getting caught, tying up the companies paralegal resources, researching
for more dirt on your adversary. :eek:

mplsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hi from don in mpls

hennessy sent me a car back to archers with out a hood or a motor
i had a 650r upgrade done then the motor blew up in less than 6000 miles

sent it down in 01 got it back missing half the car

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JH and I have settled. I got half of the 20k that I gave him back after two years, (better than nothing). Taig Stewart got his car back as well, missing 80k in parts. The parts were to be delivered to him in Utah piecemeal over a period of several months. That was to start in Oct and as far as I know he has only received a radiator. So in spite of what JH is telling people Taig is still not squared away.

VIPERMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered my front facia from JH less than a 1 year ago.
I saw his website and fell for the looks of the Venom Aero Kit. I called him and he answered personally. I overnighted a check and couple weeks later received my bumper.
I never knew about his reputation at that time neither threatened or pressured him to get my order delievred it was a very normal transaction.

I don't know if I should consider myself the exception or whether Johnny is trying to rebuild his reputation.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John had a rough time. He screwed some people over to keep his family afloat. You'd do the same thing if you has 10 kids to feed. So would I. He's back on track now. You are beating the living hell out of a dead horse. You're welcome for the Cliff's notes.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
"John had a rough time. He screwed some people over to keep his family afloat. You'd do the same thing if you has 10 kids to feed."

Probably not, BC. Not everyone would resort to thievery to feed their kids. Work 2 or 3 jobs, minimize personal expenses to the bone, sell anything that wasn't necessary - yes. Outright steal? No.

10 kids?!? Is he starting his own cult?

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys....I only said he was rude...Many new members will see this for the first time...I spent over $27000.00 at JH first the venom 500, than the 600.... We all try to make a living, but I hope the honest way.....

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JH is a criminal, plain and simple. If you don't live in Texas and you send him your car, I would suggest you read the past stories that are available on this site about out-of-state cars that were sent to him, a veritable horror show. Big Carrot, I've enjoyed your posts in the past, but to rationalize his criminal behavior based on concern for his family doesn't add up. It only adds to his lack of credibility as a person.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way. If my family was in financial trouble, I wouldn't turn into a theif. There is always another way. Maybe he could have sold his vacation home rather than stealing from people? I've spoken with him many times and the impression I get, is that he gets a kick out of doing it.

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't feel the same way. If my family was in financial trouble, I wouldn't turn into a theif. There is always another way. Maybe he could have sold his vacation home rather than stealing from people? I've spoken with him many times and the impression I get, is that he gets a kick out of doing it.

He gets a kick out of what? Screwing people over..... he actually told you or even implied this.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He knows he screwed up, and he's tried to make it right with the people he screwed over. I believe in giving anyone a second chance! No, he doesn't actually have 10 kids, but he does have 5 or 6! He doesn't have a vacation home either. I'm not at ALL saying that what he did was right, but good people will do funny things when they're backed into a corner. I've never been in that situation, so I can't honestly say what I'd do, but I know my kids would eat.