Let's set the records straight!

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Re: Let\'s set the records straight!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THEMASH:
just an idea
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We should also add the best 1/4 Mile ET from a BONE STOCK Viper as well IMO.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Treynor, great idea. You may want to include money spent/per-horsepower/performance gained. That would be interesting...
smile.gif

SW

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I missed this suggestion I apologize, it is so simple use the same format/description that was used at Beech Bend. If it was good enough for VOI, why change now?

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Treynor,

I believe the first 3 records you posted are all nitrous added.
Is that correct?

246.742mph was our top speed, sways more towards 247.

950rwhp was our bonneville system - engine/turbo system/race fuel - (at 6psi) - No power adders.

We advertise 12 psi to make the same HP because what we sell will not have a dry sump oiling system. Everything is based off of our bonneville efforts.

I think you will DEFINITELY run into credibility issues. Everyone loves to hide the NOS and try to say its really not there. You have to seperate the classes. What sanctioned events could hold such a wide array of competition.

It would be awesome to hold a specialty all Viper event maybe 3 times a year spread across the country. Hosting 200+ Vipers (Maybe more) competing for:

Highest rwhp on the dyno:
N/A
S/C
TT
Same as above with nitrous
Fastest ET:
Same as above
Fastest MPH:
Same as above

Many more ideas to add/ I know this has been brought up many times in the past.

Mini VOI's based all on HP and TUNING and RACING and COMPETITION

Like SW said a $ to HP ratio would be great for customers. But detailing the structure of the systems and why one is more $ and one is less $ is a very important issue to present. Everyone has booths and ahhhhhhhhhh.......maybe I'm just dreaming.

jR.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SW I agree with you about the money spent per et, I would say horse gained, but if the horsepower ain't on the ground who cares? Dyno queens don't count.
I don't think most guys would admit what it really cost, I think some of them might not even be ALLOWED to tell!
Oh and congrats on that awesome driving you have been doing in that 9 sec viper.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SVS Turbo:

950rwhp was our bonneville system - engine/turbo system/race fuel - (at 6psi) - No power adders.
jR.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO POWER ADDERS ???? HELLO

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry I will re-phrase.

Instead of power adders place:

No NOS, Propane, Nitro, Helium, Enriched uranium, Sterno or Solid fuel.

Is that better?

jR.

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ya did use race gas, though, didn't you
wink.gif

Seriously -- all of the records I listed were with NOS employed. As Norm points out, it's fairly difficult to tell whether NOS is actually employed, so I kept the categories simple: stock displacement, not-stock displacement, and forced induction.

Have you considered adding NOS to your Stryker kits?
supergrin.gif

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Treynor,

I was just trying to say that we used gas and forced air only.

power adder to me just meant something added to the gas besides higher octane.

I dont have anything against Nitrous, I just believe that it is safer (for the engine) if you manage the fuel with the nitrous in the best way possible.

When we started doing work on V-10's we just wanted to do things without nitrous. We have fixed a few nitrous set-ups and put a few on, including propane. For now we are going to stay with our original goals of trying to make serious power without the adder. Everything has its ups and downs.

jR.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SVS Turbo:

It would be awesome to hold a specialty all Viper event maybe 3 times a year spread across the country.
(Maybe more) competing for:

jR.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what i'm talking about,getting outta the HOUSE.Hey Heffner boyz.
WHO'S IN:

S

sachin

Maybe you might want to simplify things a bit? Instead of having seperate supercharged and turbo categories why not just make one for Forced Induction? That way Nitrous users could be included under that. Currently there isnt anywhere for nitrous people to post their times under except for n/a. Also why not have it so that you can view both the 1/4 et and mph at the same time since they are generally looked at together. Just some ideas
smile.gif

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry I made a mistake on the #'s I posted,

Our bonneville turbo engine system was making 1000 Hp at the crank (not rwhp) at just under 7 psi. with 1063 lb-ft of torque. Our configuration in the engine was different than our stage II.

I was asking in passing and didnt get proper info.

the emails I received made me look into the matter farther.

jR.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4