Life span of suspension

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what the average life span is of the Gen III shocks. Over the last few hundred miles i have felt like the car is riding alot worst then in the past. Im getting close to 73k.

I am going to be getting an alignment here in the near future. Are there any difference between the Gen 3 and 4 shocks. I was wondering if i should get a set of take off from a Gen 4 and Gen 4 alignment specs as I run PS2 tires. Any other items in the suspension i should look at with 73k on the car?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ditto to what Mark said. Considering what these cars are used for, I would check over everything VERY closely at the 50K mark, and replace the shocks at that point. If you can get a good deal on take-offs, go for it... though aftermarket ANY day of the weeks over NEW OEM prices!

Make sure you keep ball joints lubed, and check for damaged link boots... links go south fast when the boots are bad. Check all suspension bolts, and alignment at the same time.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After several years, the wishbone pivot bushings will take a set off-center. I popped my bushings out and installed spherical bearings instead.

OP
OP
N

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i felt something today that i only have felt when driving in colder weather. You know the feeling when your tires are cold and you try a turn at low speeds and the tire slids a little. that's the feeling that i felt when i made a turn today leaving my house. Im going inspect the car this weekend see if anythings loose. I greased all the fittings over winter. Ill check out the stuff you guys said.

ds2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know of the best place for me to get a good deal on some aftermarket shocks or take-offs? My 2004 SRT-10 has about 30k miles on them and 1 of the fronts & both of the rears are leaking fluid. Not only are they leaking fluid but they've lost all their stiffness. I haven't been driving the car because it bounces so bad.

Thank in advance,

David

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine