Lifter sound

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a slight lifter sound is normal during initial start if the car has been sitting awhile. It only last a second or so. I am running mobile one synthetic and I have around 2000 miles on last oil change. It a gen one with 9000 miles ont it. Thanks Curt

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 50k on an Arrow rebuild. It has always sounded like the lifters were noisy. Had it checked by several Viper techs and at VOI and was told it was fuel injectors being noisy. The car puts down 533/705tq on a 150 shot! I would not worry:2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a slight lifter sound is normal during initial start if the car has been sitting awhile. It only last a second or so. I am running mobile one synthetic and I have around 2000 miles on last oil change. It a gen one with 9000 miles ont it. Thanks Curt

Normal. And part of that patter is fuel injectors.

0-40 M1 gets oil to top end faster

DWR46

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have four Vipers and they all make some lifter sound on start up, but all vary somewhat in length of time the noise lasts. Just watch the oil pressure gauge. As the pressure comes up, the sound should go away. Also, as others have said, there is always some injector "clicking" in these cars, but that is there all the time.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put roller rockers on and hear even more noise.....

The T&D's seem to increase the clatter if the car sits for any amount of time. I put in the Accusump for different reasons, but, it stops any lifter noise.