Line Lock on 04 Viper

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone done one? I looked at the setup for the ram but, surely not the same. The Viper takes the two lines from the master cylinder to an ICU which is like a distrubition body it has the primary and the secondary line that feed this body. There is a rear brake line and two front brake lines left and right. So I am wondering how to hook this up. it almost seems like you need two line locks. Looking for answers here. I think the primary line is for the rear and the secondary is the front brakes. Anyone who can verify this???

Last edited:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your ***. :)
Don't let that ABS controller scare you.
It's your friend, but not invited to the line lock party. :D

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The line lock should go between the MC and the ABS controller, i.e. BEFORE the ABS.

If you do it AFTER the ABS, the wheel sensor will tell the computer that the wheel is locked up and the ABS controller will go nuts while the line lock is engaged.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Best bet would be to get ahold of Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse. He can go over this with you and chat with you about a Race-Logic traction control unit ( we are the National Distributor ).

His number is 1-800-889-1893 or his email is [email protected].

Bill Pemberton

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevan I got mine started today. first drained off the Master Cylinder witn a baster and a 1/4" hose. Slow but, it worked. 2nd I had to remove the driver front wheel and then the interior lining to get to the primary side of the master. JM Performance whom I bought the line lock from also sent me two braided stainless hoses one short about 12" and one long about 36" I so far have had a few problems finding the right fittings but, I will track them down. I am going to mount the unit on the side next to the Master Cylinder. the long braided hose directly to the primary inlet on the ICU. I have taken a few pictures so far. I tried the video thing but, thats way to difficult to do both. I will keep you posted on the rest of the install. More to follow.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you're gettin' there.
Do you mean "JMB Performance"? The hoses they provide are great and save time (no bending hard lines), but BE CAREFUL that the lines don't get kinked during routing. It's a lot easier to do with braided lines.

Also, I think the braided lines are sized to work with my mounting plate design. If you move the LL solenoid further away from the MC, different lines may need to get made.

The JMB Performance kit uses a Hurst solenoid. I've had it in the truck for more than 2 years, and after many "displays of power" :)D), it's worked without a single issue.

Did I send you the switch?
I've been so scrambled lately, I can't remember.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so far so good just need a couple more fittings. I have not seen the switch as of late.

Last edited:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which fittings are you looking for?
The guys at Midas/Meineke have TONS of fittings and adapters. A few bucks should score you what you need.

I'll send a(nother?) switch out to you today.
Sorry for the delay.

Are you wiring it up "street legal", or "not exactly street legal"?

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy sent me a fitting that does not fit into my primary abs port. I beleive its a inverted 3/8 male -03an Russel makes one but, the nut bottoms out before making contact with the flare in the abs unit. I ordered one from Jeggs hoping its the right one. He said it was longer than the russel fitting. We will see.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canyon- your local brake expert (Midas, Meineke, etc.) should have a tackle box full of those fittings.
No shipping charge either. :)

Double-check that the ABS controller input isn't a Metric thread.
It's been a while since I did mine. I don't remember the exact thread pitches for all the fittings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery