Lingenfelter no longer offering a Perform Package for the Viper?

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this? Unless I am missing something on the site, I do not see an offering for the Viper.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main LPE shop in IN isn't, but his son in law's(I think) shop in TX(?) still shows the Viper pkgs.
I wrote LPE in IN a few months ago, and they said they were suspending Viper mods until they got their computer management for the Vipers better figured out. Something to that effect.
- Odd that the main shop can't figure it out to their satisfaction, but the other one can, eh?

OP
OP
O

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the site:

Latest Updated Information April 12, 2003

John's current condition is stable. He remains in a semi-comatose state and has recently been moved to an extended care facility near his home. The fractured 6th and 7th vertebrae of his neck have fused properly without surgery and the halo traction device has been removed. Friends and family members remain hopeful for Johns continued recovery and appreciate your ongoing thoughts and prayers.

Mister HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi -
I thought I would try to clear up some of the confusion on the comments on our Viper packages. We have decided to stop offering complete, installed performance packages on the Vipers, because we are simply not satisfied with the quality level of the calibration that is attainable using the Viper's engine management system.
We do still offer parts on an out the door basis, so if you're looking for an excellent flowing set of cylinder heads, intake, or cam, then we can definately help. You would be responsible for your own tuning using whatyever is currently available. 21st Century Muscle cars in TX have also dropped the Viper package, as we were supplying the calibration, and machine work.

Please feel free to call me here at the shop if I can answer any specific questions.

Ed Potter
LPE
(260)724-2552 ex1002

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man. Hope John makes a good recovery. I have been following his work since I was a kit. It seems more and more tuners are dropping the viper. Apex quit working on vipers too.

I guess we have to take matters into our own hands.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless this is brand new news, APEX hasn't quit working on Vipers. I recently had my Viper dynoed by them, and their Viper business had slowed because of the economy, but they were still doing Viper work in addition to their growing Mustang modification customer base.

For John Lingenfelter, I had seen the update on the website, but I was hoping that maybe his condition had improved since that April news posting.

-Dean.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it's "there," but it's not on the front page so no one is going to see it unless they know where it is. It sure looks like Sapphire was correct.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Bill at apex. He told me that they werent PUSSHING the viper packages but they would work on one if someone really wanted one.

I guess they are getting load of business with the new cobras.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their are still many tuners out there working on Vipers. Who needs anyone else when you have Macedo, Levin, Heffner, and Roe? These guys know their stuff when it comes to these cars.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their are still many tuners out there working on Vipers. Who needs anyone else when you have Macedo, Levin, Heffner, and Roe? These guys know their stuff when it comes to these cars.

and West Coast Vipers, RSI, Elite Motorsports, House of Power, TNT, BTR, DC Performance (Dan Cragin), Archer, ViperSpeed, Startech (Brabus), SVSi...... and more. Gotta love the large number of options actually :)

LPE will likely be back when they find a suitable ECU...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96