Local Member Sells his viper

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't belive it but a Nevada member that comes in here sold his viper for a freeking GTO. So tell me people why the hell would you do that. What is the best time anyone has seen these new GTOS run. He says he putting in a bigger cam and new heads.

OP
OP
O

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is what he said but he could have gotten a 95 like mine for the same amount. Oh well I will get to tease him now

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tease him , heck, Doc, the man is obviously very sick. Please prescribe something soon, as it is a curable disease. Let us know how quickly you get him to come to his senses. A mind is a terrible thing to waste...........

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That's rough posting this stuff in here about the new goat owner. I don't know jack about modding GMs but I would guess it'll take some coin to mod a GTO to run the same 1/4 mile times as a stock Gen II Viper. Our fellow Nevada member did save money on his payment and freed up some extra cash...he was always more of GM guy than a Mopar guy anyway, so to each his own, I guess. :cool:

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
It may not take as much money as you think to make a gto run with a stock gen II.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that now that I actually own a Viper I am allowed to point out that he is probably getting a MUCH nicer interior with the Pontiac. I guess I am spoiled since I have been driving an Audi for the last four years, but the Viper interior is just plain weak (rest of the car sure helps to make up for it though). If commuting in comfort is his goal he might come out ahead.

OP
OP
O

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A viper isnt about comfort or about how nice the interior looks. It is about having the badest car out there. For mopar guys it is just as nice or more to have a viper to a Hemi Cuda. I hope he is happy with the GTO, but it just isnt the same car.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's a great way to put things Jay.
:rolleyes:
I traded the car for several reasons. I'm looking at buying a house, and wanted to free up some cash, lower my payments, and have a nice vehicle. I've accomplished all of those at this time. I will buy another Viper in a bit, but in the meantime I have a new car with LS1 power, an awesome interior, and back seats for my kids.
I ordered the cam/head setup yesterday, and upon install, I'd gladly wager you $100 that my Goat will spank your green machine.
Viper NM, if you want to compare intelligence, fire away.
Bill- Jay isn't a doctor, go figure.
NewRed- You are correct- I've got a head/cam setup that should push close to 400 at the wheels for under 2k.
:cool:
If anyone cares....
:)
http://www.radiantvegas.com/sam/GTO%20006.jpg
If not, have a great weekend.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I traded the car for several reasons. I'm looking at buying a house, and wanted to free up some cash, lower my payments, and have a nice vehicle. I've accomplished all of those at this time. I will buy another Viper in a bit, but in the meantime I have a new car with LS1 power, an awesome interior, and back seats for my kids.
I ordered the cam/head setup yesterday, and upon install, I'd gladly wager you $100 that my Goat will spank your green machine.
NewRed- You are correct- I've got a head/cam setup that should push close to 400 at the wheels for under 2k.
If anyone cares....:)

Looks like a Cavalier and you won't spank mine and if you did in that I'd smash it straight into a brick wall.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone cares....:)

Looks like a Cavalier and you won't spank mine and if you did in that I'd smash it straight into a brick wall.
Hmm, in my time on this site, I've found most folks here to be intelligent, witty, and helpful.
There's always that exception.
Enjoy your car, I'll enjoy mine.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, in my time on this site, I've found most folks here to be intelligent, witty, and helpful.
There's always that exception.
Enjoy your car, I'll enjoy mine.
He must have confused his viperclub.org and viper@#$ey.com favorites button. That kind of talk is the norm over there.

OP
OP
O

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam,
Lets be fair about this how about we race now and then when you get your stuff let me put $2,0000 of upgrade parts on it then race.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may not take as much money as you think to make a gto run with a stock gen II.

That's why I said I don't know jack about modding GMs. However, my understanding is that a stock GTO runs 13.9 or so in the 1/4 and a stock Gen II runs 12.4 to 12.5 in the 1/4. That means to equal a stock Gen II Viper the GTO would have to pick up 1.5 secs in the 1/4. To me that sounds like it'll take some coin. I guess the bottom line is that with enough money you can make any car run the 1/4 in the 12.5 range. There are already a few streetable SRT-4s that run 12's...heck, for that matter there's a guy with turbo four powered K cars running 10's.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a member on here that would describe such a person like so....He only has a viper because he can afford one. In about a year or so he will become bored and go out and buy something else. (why a GTO (oversized Acura Integra))...I don't know!

matthyoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you stop crying and run what you brung? I hate pointless comments like that. "Oh let me add $2000 worth of mods to my car and then we'll see what happens". No, we'll [******] see what happens when we race. No excuses. Jesus Christ, I'd expect more from a Viper owner

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, but unfortunately, that car is now in Kansas. (Well, as of May '03) I considered another F-body, but I wanted something new. If Dodge had the Charger out, with a V8, RWD, and a 6 speed, I'd be on it.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news! In January they're supposed to be showing the new Charger at the Detroit Auto Show. It'll have a 6.1L Hemi with about 420 HP and a six speed tranny, but it still won't be a Viper.

Are you sure this isn't some sort of mix up? Perhaps you told the dealer you wanted a GTS and they thought you said GTO and gave you the wrong car?!!? :cool:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read that the '05 goat will have the LS2 and 400hp. Sam, are you planning any other upgrades like cold air or throttle bodies?

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K&N CAI is en route, as is the following:
Patriot stage 2 heads
Crane cam-specs- 228/[email protected], .571/.573 112Lsa
New pushrods, etc.
Slp 160 t-stat
Full mandrel bent dual 2 1/2" exhaust from the collectors back, no cats, no mufflers.
Similar setup on my friends Z06 made 403rwhp.

OP
OP
O

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam are you going to be able to hook up with those tires or you going to get some street slicks?

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet, went to have some straight pipe welded on to delete the cats/mufflers, and Jon said screw that, leave him the car for a day and he will bend/re do the whole thing for me. He should have the 2 1/2" die for the mandrel bender within a few days, so....
Unfortunately, still stock and quiet for now.
:(
I'm probably going to take it to Silver State tomorrow for a baseline dyno, if you want to meet up, give me a call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine