Locked out

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gang,never formally said Hi.Wanted to wait till I got some photos. Hell might freeze over before then. Anyway I just took my 06 coupe for a little ride,and the check-engine lite came on. Had the Belanger exhaust put on 2 wks. ago, and car has been fine. A few min. after the lite came on, I found out that I did not have reverse.Will not shift into rev. Locked out for some reason. Good thing I have another toy.Nice wk-end for the car to crap-out.Thanks and Hi to everyone.Tom.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If the solenoid does go bad, you can manually override the lock-out mechanism. It takes about double the normal force of shifting, but it will work and you wont hurt anything. Solenoid change and/or wire repair should make it good as new. Good Luck!

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's more like 10x the force... 5lbs with the solenoid working... and about 50lbs to overcome the "lock-out" spring. Sometime you need to put your left shoulder into the door trim in order to push hard enough to the right to get it over into the reverse gate with a malfunctioning solenoid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte