Longest Trip in The Viper?

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many miles [Canadians, Brits, and other International friends please convert from KMs - I'm too lazy] have you taken the Viper on your longest trip?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Tampa to Chicago to Road America (Viper Days) to Sterling IL to Des Moines IA to Tampa in 6 days. Well over 3000 miles.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A measly 250 mile one way blast from Bournemouth to Tamworth,
brought the car from there and cruised home with no roof and
windows in the 'summer' rain. Didn't know how to turn the wipers on and had to stop on the motorway to find the switch. Done a couple of similar mileage return trips to club events, hopefully break this next year with a trip to Lemans.

OP
OP
S

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil:

Great pictures! In all my trips to the UK, I have yet to see a Viper. Though I did spot a couple Lambos and a handful of Ferraris while in London last time. Some very nice roadways - must be a blast to drive the car there.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I 1999 I drove from Northern Virginia to Las Vegas for VOI-5 (2400 miles). After VOI-5 I spent another week in Colorado and Utah sightseeing, and then drove back to Virginia, stopping in Michigan to visit a friend. Total distance in about 16 days: 7000 miles.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Good Buddy Ron,

Concerning your tag-line ( very cool), about running out of road or balls before running out of power in a Viper, please amend to read;

" You'll run out of road or balls/ovaries before you run outa power in a Viper. "

This is in deference to the "FAST WOMEN, ' of the VCA ------

Nancy Stein
Janni Cone
Nadine
Laura aka Viperess
Angie Stearns
Rhonda Johnson
Deb Loth
Elaine Fess
Kathy Birchler
Cathy Webster
Karon Eisberg
Lynn Wedel

Just to name a few !!

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys that participated in "one Lap of America" would rate as long trip experts. The average trip is about 5-6000 miles "non stop". Sleeping and eating in the car for a week!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Pemberton:
Dear Good Buddy Ron,

Concerning your tag-line ( very cool), about running out of road or balls before running out of power in a Viper, please amend to read;

" You'll run out of road or balls/ovaries before you run outa power in a Viper. "

This is in deference to the "FAST WOMEN, ' of the VCA ------

Nancy Stein
Janni Cone
Nadine
Laura aka Viperess
Angie Stearns
Rhonda Johnson
Deb Loth
Elaine Fess
Kathy Birchler
Cathy Webster
Karon Eisberg
Lynn Wedel

Just to name a few !!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Pemberton, you just made a major screw up. You made a list of women of which you could not possibly remember to include all of them. I'm not even married and I know better than to do something like that! I will add a couple so they don't feel left out.

Mary 2000 GTS
Judy Viperbrat

Boy, are you in big trouble with the chicks.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine in New Jersey and drove it to Seattle, something over 3000 miles. I've also taken it from Seattle to San Diego and back, 3 times.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Peter Macintosh, a NJ member, took his roadster, and 10 year old son, cross country ... and back!!! without a problem. It was fully documented in a Viper Mag issue a few years back!