Looking at a '02 yellow Rt/10, and I have a question

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at a \'02 yellow Rt/10, and I have a question

I'm looking at a 2002 yellow RT/10 with low miles to go with my red '00 GTS. The RT/10 has a couple of flaws, and I'm wondering what they will cost to repair. The first is courtesy of the dealer. They drilled holes in the front fascia to mount the license plate. They did so per the instructions, but I'd never cover that beautiful nose with a plate. The second looks to have come from a minor parking lot bump in the rear passenger corner. The top of the rear bumper has what looks to be two scratches or cracks, both about 5" long, one next to the other. My guess is that the parking lot bump caused the bumper to "give" and bend the plastic causing the paint to crack. Perhaps one of you has a more likely scenario?

Anyway, other than those, I couldn't find any real flaws, other than the car was really dirty. The owner said his water pump was replaced under warranty....no doubt due to the flawed impeller some of you have already written about.

So I have two questions. 1) What will it cost to repair the front and rear bumpers? and 2) What damamge could have possibly occurred when the water pump failed? The owner is a "car guy", so I highly doubt that he would drive it if it was overheating. And does the rear bumper have some sort of foam that may need to be replaced as well? Again, what would the cost be?

The car seems to run just fine. It was pretty dirty when I looked at it. The owner is an older gentleman with many vehicles, and doesn't seem to have time to pamper this one like I would. So I also know I'm looking at a major detail job.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Looking at a \'02 yellow Rt/10, and I have a question

Repairs less than 500.00 How much can you get the car for and how many miles does it have on it? I have a Red 02 for sale with congac leather and an upgraded Flip-Out wide screen on the stereo for DVD or Nav. Both Tops 4900 miles.
Chad

OP
OP
R

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car has @ 2500 miles on it. The guy started at $62k and is currently at $59,900. We're still negotiating price, but I've seen nice cars sell for $53k and up. I'm specifically looking for yellow.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you can find an '01 or '02 in better shape and with less "concerns" for less money than that...I did!

OP
OP
R

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong here. I don't think the car is THAT bad. It only has 2.5k miles. I think the guy just lost interest in it and hasn't washed it for a while. He's got @ 50 other cars as well. And again, the two flaws I spoke of were all I could find. My real question is how much do you guys think it would cost to fix them? Heck, I had to have a $800 detail job on my GTS when it was brand new from the factory! There were swirl marks in the paint, some overspray, etc. Now it's perfect! I think with the repairs I mentioned above, and a good detail job, this car could be perfect too. I will make the guy an offer according to it's condition. I just need your help with estimating the costs to repair, without taking it in for a professional estimate.

viperbound

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just bought my 02 yellow with 4530 miles for $50k

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

'02 for $50k? VERY hard to believe. Someone is missing something. There is either something wrong with the car, or their is something in the history you may not be aware of. Too good to be true, is usually too good to be true!