Looking for a Dodge dealer near Clarkston, MI area with Viper tech

mrussell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a Dodge dealer near Clarkston, MI area with Viper tech:

I just dropped my 1996 GTS off at the nearest Dodge dealer in my area, Al Deeby Dodge.

Since they don't have a Viper tech they would not address all my minor issues. They would change the oil and mount the new wheels/tires I bought off Ebay.

But, my AC is blowing nothing but hot air. I may also near a read-end gear swap since my new wheels tires came off a 2004 and they have a larger diameter tire. This will also make my speedo run slower, but I may just live with that.

Can anyone recommend a good dealership with a Viper tech that isn't too far from me? The largest major city near me is Pontiac, MI.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may also near a read-end gear swap since my new wheels tires came off a 2004 and they have a larger diameter tire. This will also make my speedo run slower, but I may just live with that.

No reason for a gear swap just to correct the speedometer. You need a speed calibration box. Unitrax has them. I just bought another cal box for the exact same purpose. A stock 3:07 rear end on a pre 2003 car is effectively a 2:92 ratio with the 19" tires. The box fixes that. Very simple to install. You can do it yourself.

Dick Scott Dodge is top class!! We're 500 miles away and I get in there occasionally myself. Get set up with service manager Rod Harris. He'll take good care of you.

Steve

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SRT is at Dick Scott Dodge as we speak(picking it up today), Rod Harris and their Viper Tech Ron are top notch and will take great care of you.

ph 734-451-3535

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried using another dealer closer to my house but ended back at Dick Scott because the other Dodge dealer screwed it up.

If you have things that are not dealer specific but need a mechanic I know of someone closer to you than Plymouth I can refer you to. Send me a PM and I can give you his contact info. He's done engine swaps on my Viper as well as many other services.

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm taking mine in today. Waiting for your's to get out of the way. They are outstanding!

They also have an 800 number: 800-504-8450

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are anywhere on the lower west side of Michigan, Wayland Chysler Dodge is a great place to take your Viper. I got great service from them when I lived in West Michigan, and Kelvin is the Viper tech there. They have a service department that is hard to beat anywhere in the state. Kelvin has been to just about every school that Chrylser and Dodge have ever had, the guy is a walking encyclopedia of MOPAR. They are located in Wayland Michigan, just a bit north of Kalamazoo and right off of US 131. It is a small dealership, but you won't get better service anywhere.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..Just stopped by Al Deeby's part dept yesterday

They used to be kind of Viper friendly with pricing..not any more.

List price only !

OP
OP
M

mrussell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check out Dick Scott Dodge in Plymouth.

I mentioned the gear swap beauase I'm concerned that 2:92 won't have the snap I would like, but I'll try it and see.

I know many members here swap out the 3.07's for 3.33's or 3.55's, but I have never seen anyone go the other way, not even sure if that is an option.

Maybe someone with 1000+ horsepower would consider going the other way.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned the gear swap beauase I'm concerned that 2:92 won't have the snap I would like, but I'll try it and see.

I have a car the same as yours. GEN II -- 3:07s --with 19" tires........but then it does have a blower on it. Plenty of snap ;)

Steve

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mrussell, Call me before you pay someone for simple maintenance like oil changes, brake fluid, tranny fluid. I have a garage lift and am in Davisburg, 5 miles from that dealer. You buy fluids and the work is Free.

Red Baron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
95 Viper,

Do you still have your viper? I just bought a 1997 Dodge Viper R/T 10. I wish I had a garage lift the other day when I did a oil change.

Red Baron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte