looking for a good garage vac for the new snake pit...

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
in the process of the building the ultimate garage. just ordered the racedeck in red and black tiles, got all the gladiator cabinets on order from sears (AWESOME), and need a quality hanging vac for the pit too. was looking at the hoover guv but a bad review of it on epinions.com is making me double think it. any guys here have any experience with it, or aother to recommend. thanks

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a whole hoouse vac system with an outlet in the garage. Works great.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that was another i was looking at but just read the reviews on their site. it isnt getting a great write-up. how is the suction from 1-10 in your opinion. i need it to clean the floors, detail the cars, etc... nothing major here but dont want a p.o.s either. its looking like unless i get some positive experience with any wall hung units, i am going the safe route and getting the floor model wet/dry shop vac type.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't rate up there with my whole house central vac or 16 gallon floor model. But on a scale of 1-10 and my 16 gallon being a 10, the central vac a 9, then I would rate it at a 7 (in terms of suction). But that's ok for what I'm using it for. Which is primarily to vacuum my cars' interiors and misc. garage type stuff. I prefer the size and portability to the larger floor model (which takes up way too much room). Remember that a full size shop vac will also have a larger hose which is cumbersome when vacuuming inside a car.

I also went with this hose instead of the one that came with it. The inside is smooth instead of the corrugated type that came with it (smooth tube for your vac :D ) The attachments seem to work better for car and garage use.
You must be registered for see images attach

I also tried one of these. Suction is about the same as the Craftsman but is keeps tipping over when I have it on the floor.

You must be registered for see images

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vacuum Cleaners are what I do. Check my website: www.Sew-N-Vac.Com
We have central vac systems and portables not listed on line. Questions? call my number is on my site.

Thanks for the oppertunity to plug my store!

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, any recommendations then? I too am looking for a system, probably a central vac, with attachments just for the garage.

Also, that 68 Hemi dart is that a real one? By far the coolest of the Hemi's!

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well guys, i just got back from the depot and bought the Rigid brand wall mountable unit, very sililiar to the unit posted above. it too has a lifetime warrenty and 5hp motor with all the god attachments needed for garage/shop cleaning as well as a nice lond 21ft hose. i will post a review on it after a few trials on her. thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc