Looking for a Nav system for my 08 coupe

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to add NAV to my car. Any other choices out there besides the factory RB1 units, Something that's a direct fit and plug and play? Or is the RB1 the way to go? Thanks

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am working with SPT (Dan Crager) they are working something out with a company to get a radio that is a direct fit and has everything on it. Ipod,Nav Sat, back up camera all the goodies we want. They are going to install it for me shortly and i will let you know how it works out. They are talking to the company about buying a bulk order to get a better price.
Looking to add NAV to my car. Any other choices out there besides the factory RB1 units, Something that's a direct fit and plug and play? Or is the RB1 the way to go? Thanks

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am working with SPT (Dan Crager) they are working something out with a company to get a radio that is a direct fit and has everything on it. Ipod,Nav Sat, back up camera all the goodies we want. They are going to install it for me shortly and i will let you know how it works out. They are talking to the company about buying a bulk order to get a better price.

Awesome...I hope it all works out, I've been looking to upgrade.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well if this works I am going to post a thread and link to SPT and open the flood gates! I am a stereo and music guy. Love the sound of my ride but want my tunes! I put the Mopar Ipod adapter in my car and it messed up all kinds of stuff. My car was at the shop for a week before they figured out what was doing it. They took out the Ipod peice and **** like a fart in the wind all my problems were gone. Man was I pissed! My car only has 4,000 miles on it and it jumped my odometer over 300 miles!I will keep eveyone posted.
Awesome...I hope it all works out, I've been looking to upgrade.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is no other direct fit. There are plenty of threads out there on this subject. The stock unit is 1.5 din and standard size is either 1 or 2 din (Single or double) So you will need to either put in a pop up single din or get your dash modified and put a double din in. Don't waist time looking for something to fit in the stock dash size. Here is a thread I did on some stereo upgrades in my 2006
http://socalviper.com/forum/index.php?topic=1642.0

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is a direct fit out there. It is a Chinese company As for how good it is we will see when I get mine but there are threads of other owners putting it in and they seem to like it. I will keep everyone updated after my install. Hirkophoto where in SoCal are you? I am in Marina Del rey.Here is a link to the thread on the unit http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...nt-Stereo-Headunit.?highlight=ipod+connector\
There is no other direct fit. There are plenty of threads out there on this subject. The stock unit is 1.5 din and standard size is either 1 or 2 din (Single or double) So you will need to either put in a pop up single din or get your dash modified and put a double din in. Don't waist time looking for something to fit in the stock dash size. Here is a thread I did on some stereo upgrades in my 2006
http://socalviper.com/forum/index.php?topic=1642.0

Last edited:

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Chinese unit is junk! Look at the threads. you have to try to hack it to make stuff work, and it never works right or it works for a week and then dies. Don't waist time and money.
I'm in Newbury Park

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok thanks I have heard mixed reviews and it is being installed for free and if it doesnt work they will take it out for no charge. I just don't want to cut up my dash or do a flip out. We are close. Who do you go to for work on your ride? I have been using SPT
The Chinese unit is junk! Look at the threads. you have to try to hack it to make stuff work, and it never works right or it works for a week and then dies. Don't waist time and money.
I'm in Newbury Park

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Chinese one (i'm sure most electronics are made there). It's okay. I had a great opportunity and therefore I have very little money into it. They usually go for $500 and I sure as hell would pay more then $200 for one.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So are you happy with it or is it just OK? Would you rather have a flip up nav or cut your dash and do a double din. I an just looking at all my optionsand is it the Ometer?
I have the Chinese one (i'm sure most electronics are made there). It's okay. I had a great opportunity and therefore I have very little money into it. They usually go for $500 and I sure as hell would pay more then $200 for one.

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a company I believe called double din that will sell you a new center section already sized for a double din if you go that route it will look factory and will have a ton of options. I went flip out with clarion

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a company I believe called double din that will sell you a new center section already sized for a double din if you go that route it will look factory and will have a ton of options. I went flip out with clarion
They charge an arm and leg for their piece and you still have to trim behind that piece. You can make that piece yourself and to fit the exact unit you will be using for considerably less. If I read their site correctly, the pricing starts at 200 plus your old piece and doubles for fake CF hydro finish.