Looking for a photoshop master

clarq_kent

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking of painting my GTS cadillac pearl white, with black racing stripes. Can anyone shop that for me?
Thanks in advance

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm by no means a master, but this will give you a quick n' dirty idea of what it'd look like. This is a GTSR with black stripes and OEM GTS wheels.

You must be registered for see images

Denny Wagner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a little trick with the pearl white: When the painter prepares to clearcoat it...have him add a little of the pearl in with the clear....it adds a killer effect to the paintjob. We've done it a few times, and it looks slick!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should dedicate a thread to Photoshopping cars. WHEN i win the raffle I want a Grahpite and Black ACR with either an offset blue stripe or dual blue stripes.

Bruce

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jasontiff great job thanks for taking the time viper looks amazingly good .

It's truly my pleasure! I'm not a handy dude, and turning wrenches through the interweb doesn't work so hot, so if I can lend a hand via Photoshop (and screw off at work) I'm always game!

OP
OP
C

clarq_kent

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah seriously man You are my new hero!!!!!! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks! above and beyond my expectations.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anton28's GTS looks killer in just plain white, haven't seen him around for a while though.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I'm not lame, but I tried to put charcoal stripes on photo of a red RT/10 and it clearly didn't work....help!!!

Any shot at that, seems I've moved away from straight black, think charcoal would look nicer but have never seen a gen 1 or gen 2 like that.

Much appreciated if you can, you seem really good at it.

Peter

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not the best, but it gives you an idea.

You must be registered for see images

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT job Jason...love the BLACK WHEELS with that killer combo...and that's a GREAT idea from Denny, about adding some of the paint to the clearcoat! ESpecially White! Good Luck Clarq, if you go for it, we gotta see pix!~! ~juli

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!

What's everyone's opinion of the gray on red?

Thanks very much.

Peter

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My opinion is do what you like. If I'd listened to everyone else about their opinions on my proposed mods, my car would still be stock.

Personally, here is my opinion on modifying a high-end car such as a Viper.

1.) You only do mods that COULD be stock if you want it to look stock. In my case that meant throwing chrome badges on there instead of the red/orange ones, updating the gray interior to black and adding the Gen. II wheels. Basically just swapping parts from various Gen. I and Gen. II Vipers. MGW accessories are classy and clean and look stock. Stock stripe colors fall in this category.

2.) You go all out. Aftermarket wheels, spoilers, ground effects, stripe colors, body colors, etc. I think any one mod on RedEnuf's car would probably look out of place on a stock car, but the fact he went all out...and did so tastefully...makes it work.

The biggest complaint about mods around here are making your car look "rice". You have an American muscle car and an instant classic. You don't want to go door-to-door with a 1993 Accord in the aesthetics category.

Bottom line; if you like it, do it. If you're not secure enough to do it or are on the fence, take a poll, but at the end of the day f*** everyone else as long as you're happy with your car!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather