Looking for information on seat lowering kits

BarryBum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As bad as I am wanting a Viper, my legs are too long to cooperate. I got the chance to get my hands on a Viper over the long weekend and I found out that I just can't fit in the thing. I am 6'4" about 280lbs and when I got in it, I could hardly get the door shut and could not push the clutch in because my knee was buried in the dash so hard. Would the seat lowering kit help this?
I need to know before I continue to look at these things.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" with a 2" drop. You will lose the adjustability in the seat but it is much more comfortable, a little harder to get in and out but worth it. I just don’t like how they put the headlight switch on your left knee where it's raised for your leg :confused: find one close to you and try it out!

SteveMat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" and while I could fit in and drive it was a little uncomfortable.

I put in the 2" lowering kit and it feels like a new car. I would find someone with the lowering kit and get a feel as you are borderline in size...

I'm in Charlotte, NC

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6'4" 240lbs ant the 2" lowering kit is the best money I have ever spent on my Viper. It is like a different car, even the stereo sounds better when you fit in the car the way it was designed.

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am 6'3" 260lbs. 2" kit is the way to go. Your wife, like mine, may be pissed that she can't drive it though. :)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'2'' 215lbs. I put the 1'' adjustible in both of my Vipers. Worked great.

BarryBum, were the adjustible pedals all the way down in the Viper you sat in?

Bottom line, you gotta want it :)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)