Looking for PCMs

Christophe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum I've found very interesting and animated. :cool:

On my different car tunings I've done, I had the opportunity to work on a genII GTS a few years ago. Last year I had the idea with a friend to install 2 crate engines on a "Cigarette 38" boat. Looking for crate engines at Mopar Performance, they told us the only available were genI engines without PCM and telling us that crate genII PCM wasn't working on them.

A Belgium company told us that they were able to make engines running before past April... and now they told us not before December. :eek:

This week, we're fitting engines in, the ship is nearly finished, but I don't think we can run the engines with lighters in front of intake manifold...

I've been looking all around, and I've found no information an no answers except on this forum.

I'm kind in electronics (that's my aviation job), but I cannot find the necessary information to compare genI & genII engines, just to know if we can adapt (accepting some mods) crate genII PCM.

I've heard about AEM PCMs being ready for genII engines, somebody could confirm me they are working well? (old posts are talking about but not clearly).

Could somebody give me some information or solutions (that should be the top)?

Thanks all

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Dan Cragin at DC Performance at 310-597-6295. He knows as much as anyone about these kinds of issues and has been involved in developing the prototype AEM units (which are supposed to come out shortly, but then again they were supposed to be out several months ago).

OP
OP
C

Christophe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Ronnie for this information, I'll contact him hoping having good news.

Anyway, I'm still interested by any details about engines & PCM.

My engines seems to be gen I convertible build '96,
from a remaining (forgotten) stock in Chrysler Detroit. There was 50 units ready to be fitted in new cars.

I've compared all senders from my engines with gen II and there's a lot of common parts. A luck all parts catalogues are available on Mopar web site. But Camshaft and crankshaft have different P/N between gen I convertible and gen I/II coupe. If somebody have details?

OP
OP
C

Christophe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your offer.

I've ordered two '96 JTEC PCM as suggested by Dan Cragin.

This should make them run as standard, boosting is another step.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang