Looking for the website of the guy that sells the plastic protection .

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I am Looking for the website of the guy that sells the plastic protection for the paint on the SRT. They are advertising in the Viper Mag, but I misplaced my copy.

Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not think that is the one. Does anyone have this info?

Thanks!!

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is not it either. They claim they have protection for the sides, front, and door handle areas.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
homesite,

well...I can't seem to find what you are looking for :( We are doing a 3M treatment on our SRT next week but that will be done with a local guy here in DFW.

CStegall

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a location to purchase the 3M material so that you can make your own door handle and sill protection pieces?

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shake-oyl sells the door handles and what looks like strips for the rocker panel edges, and it WAS in the Viper Quarterly.

Also, it appears that 3M no longer sells directly to the end consumer, and you must buy through an installer. You have to pay the big installer mark-up. However, 3M Canada seems to still have bulk material and kits available to the user. See below site for an 03 Viper kit:

http://www.go-grafx.com/nochip/retail/catalog-pages/Dodge/dodge-viper.html

Bulk material also seems to be available on the site if you look around. I say "seems" because if 3M no longer sells direct in the U.S., "seems" the same would apply to Canada. Wonder why they no longer sell directly in U.S.?

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the 3M kit from Ryan at Ultrashield (for my 2001, but sure he has the Gen III by now) ---

http://www.ultra-shield-phoenix.com/

I definitely recommend him! Don't forget to ask for a Viper Club discount...his prices were awesome, service great, and the kit was perfect!

So far, I love my kit and it looks great - road rash no more :) . If more people saw it, I think more people would put it on - although I also understand some hesitancy since I have seen such crazy prices for these kits from some people and would not pay that much. Just shop and get a good price (or save some time on mine (and others) account since I have already shopped all over and call Ryan).

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT NEWS!

I received the following email today...

I see that quite a few people on the VCA website are looking for the 3M Paint Protection film for the new 03 Viper. We will have the new kit designed by the end of the week and it will be user installable. If you know of some people that might be interested in purchasing the film please put them in contact with us.

Sincerely,
Ryan Tounsley, Partner
UltraShield of Phoenix
602-694-6979

www.ultra-shield-phoenix.com

You must be registered for see images

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: GREAT NEWS!

I just had Ryan do my SRT/10 and it is fabulous! I wish I would have had it done on my Supra...

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just spoke with the UltraShield folks and found out that they cannot do sill protection for the car...the standard kit covers the front end of the car(which is great...I just need the sills covered as well)only. Does anyone know someone that does cuts for the sills without getting into "custom" costs?

Thanks,
CStegall

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hello,
I made the pieces on the sides myself. I purchase bulk pieces from http://www.xpel.com/. I had to cut the piece for the length and for near the side pipe cut outs on the sill. I cut the piece in half so their is front and a back. This made it easier to apply. I took all the screws out of the bottom of this sill so I could run the plastic to the inner under edge of the sill. The plastic wraps about 4 to 5 inches on the upper sides of the sill which is plenty of protection from rocks. I think I used the 12 inch bulk.

OP
OP
H

homesite

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do not have any pics of before. I might be out the tower shops this weekend.

If you did not get your Viper yet, it is a must to put this on before driving it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper