Looking to buy a 97 blue/white gts viper

boosttoy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls I just sold my 97 tt supra 438 rwhp 444 rwtq.I
am looking to buy a 97 blue and white striped viper in excellant condition.I live in North Carolina and would like to find one
with in a 200 to 400 mile range.Please tell me the pros and cons of a 97 gts.Opps budget 50 k.
TIA, Frank

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you could contact your local VCA club president, as she has been able to match a few cars with folks in the past... First place to start is with John Cole at M&L Motors - 1-800-489-6509 - he often gets leads on cars that are local, low mileage, one owner. Our second car came through John - under 5K miles, one owner, adult owned, etc...

We just matched a 96 GTS with a gentleman in the Atlanta area - 6K miles - excellent condition - $52K. The blue / white stripe market seems to be very stable at the low $50's range. Anything under $50K is usually higher mileage and may have seen some damage or harder use.

Looked at a car this past weekend - $45K for a 1996 GTS - had been hit in both the front and rear, had the wrong front fascia, was not running right, etc... The person may still buy this car - at a lot lower price, etc.

Stay away from places like "Exotic Used Cars 'R' Us" and other high end used car dealers - they have zero familiarity with the cars and most often DO NOT get the nice examples. Your best bet is to scour the VCA classifieds, let a few folks know what you are looking for, have a VCA member check out the car (or a Viper Tech) BEFORE you purchase, and be ready to act if a good car comes along.

Hope this helps -

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank,

Excellent decision. I assume you are also willing to look at '96s? They also come in Blue with White stripes and are almost identical. Ths most obvious diference is that the white stripes go through the license plate area on the '96, but not on the '97.

You should be able to find what you want in your price range, but it may not be so close to home. Consider how little your air fare would be compared to the cost of your car.

Janni's comments are right on. It has happened here many times. Most of us would be glad to go and test drive a snake for you if it was close to us. There are far worse ways to spend the afternoon.
smile.gif

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

OP
OP
B

boosttoy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Janni,Woodbury and Don.Janni match me up with the right car im ready.I will call John at M&L Motors tomorrow and tell him you told me to call.I live in Lexington N.C.about 5 miles from M&L Motors.I will mount and balance your next set of viper tires n/c with tender loveing care if you hook me up,I am manager partner of Mock Tire&Automotive in Winston-Salem N.C.on Stratford Rd.close to Hanes Mall(3367740081).IM ex master ase certified tech 24 yrs exp,but know nothing about vipers haveing never worked on any.All help appreciated.
Thanks again for responses, Frank

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I bought my 2nd Viper off this board. I am happy with it. I paid $55k for it and it had 6k miles on it with warranty 1998 Silver GTS. I thought I got a good deal.

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you have 40 now add a few grand a buy my 96 gts /18000 miles and runs like a champ.looks new.new tires tuneup ect.very motivated.any interest?