Looking to buy my first viper!

Reaction score
hey guys, i just want to introduce myself to the forum. so i'm in the market for a rt/10. i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to find one in the price range that i can afford which is no more then 25k. i would really like a gen 2 because of the fact of having the power windows in it. i'm willing to travel. if you guys now of anyone selling one please pm me with info. thanks again for all the help. i'm located in va beach, Va. thanks again in advance.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be patient and keep an eye on the Auto Trader, ebay and right here etc... While you're looking, save some more money so you can afford the gen 2 you'd really like. (25s a bit light for the car you want)

My .02, Good luck in your search.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just getting inpatient with the nice weather and all.

haha, it is because of people like you that there is a "Summer Market", and "Winter Market" for sportscars.
It is simple supply & demand. In the winter you can find great deals on sportscars(especially convertables) since there are not that many people in the market. In contrast, the Spring time there are many impulsive buyers and not as many sellers because they are out enjoying the road. Many of these impulsive buyers are the same people that end up putting their sportscar up for sale in the winter when they get bored with it and start thinking with their brain to get into something more practicle.
Moral of the story: If your on a very low budjet, Winter is the time to buy.

When you say you can only afford 25K, do you mean you have that much cash? If so, it might be worth taking out a low interest (4%) loan for another 10K to get the gen2 viper that you want in good condition. If all you have is a paycheck and you want to take out a 25K loan then i recommend getting a C6Zo6 and saving your money:)

If your serious about this, contact your local VCA region and start showing up to events to familiarize yourself with these cars. There is alot to know befor pulling the trigger. Ask questions. You'll get the most usefull knowlege talking to viper owners(the knowlegable ones) in person while actually lookig at the viper.

goodluck

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feed back, i have 25k cash but i dont want another car payment. i found one but the miles are kind of high. not fan of a vette. i use to own a supercharged s2000, so putting it up for sale in the winter time will not an issue. i found a 2000 rt/10 for 24,900 that i'm interested in but the miles are kind of high has 86,600. here is the link if anyone knows the car and can give some feed back. thanks. 2000 RT-10 Dodge Viper

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a month and a half a go you'd have found it a lot easier to find them in your range....

keep searching, they're out there. and dont dismiss a salvage car, if fixed right and priced accordingly, id buy one

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hey guys, i just want to introduce myself to the forum. so i'm in the market for a rt/10. i'm not sure if i'm going to be able to find one in the price range that i can afford which is no more then 25k. i would really like a gen 2 because of the fact of having the power windows in it. i'm willing to travel. if you guys now of anyone selling one please pm me with info. thanks again for all the help. i'm located in va beach, Va. thanks again in advance.

I of our customers in Fairfax Virginia has one for sale....

Andy N. it's just a couple thousand more than your range but he has a very nice car,
call or e-mail me for his contact info..... and if you have not done so check the classifieds on this website

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me a PM with your contact information, I will forward along to VA beach area group. They may know of something available nearby. I would also caution you to increase your price range. You may find what you are looking for $25K, but it comes down to everything a car in that price range may need (hidden expenses).

Good luck.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with what others have said on here. Look hard and you shall find. The above mentioned sources are great for finding cars. I would recommend purchasing in the winter. Might be a good idea to wait for the prices to go down again.

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feed back, i have 25k cash but i dont want another car payment. i found one but the miles are kind of high. not fan of a vette. i use to own a supercharged s2000, so putting it up for sale in the winter time will not an issue. i found a 2000 rt/10 for 24,900 that i'm interested in but the miles are kind of high has 86,600. here is the link if anyone knows the car and can give some feed back. thanks. 2000 RT-10 Dodge Viper

Im in the same boat as you. Looking to get out of my s2000 and into a viper but im gonna take these guys advice and wait till the winter for when the prices go down a little and bank more money,cant decide between the rt-10 or gts. Good luck in the search i hope i can wait that long.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Hey guys, i just want to say thank you for all the help, i found the one that i will be purchasing. It's a 2000 rt/10 with 32k on it. it's is a buddy of mine who decide to let her go. thanks again for all the help, but i wanted to know. where could i buy the black stripe kit? it doesn't have any stripes on it and i wanted to put the black stripes on it. thanks again.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
google vinyl stripe kit or phone any sign place for vinyl stripes.

Factory Vipers only came with painted stripes and for that you'd need any paint shop. Find the same year/color for stripes sizes.

My Sapphire/silver GTS has NO stripes through the license plate area whereas when Leslie had her stripes painted she preferred the stripes though the license plate area as well. Search and/or PM her - she's a Moderator here.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Send a Private Message to her. Just enter the name Leslie and it should go to her. Since she's already done all the research and decided between vinyl and paint ... her advise is the best.