Looking to buy New Coupe

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy in the new year, where is the best place for me to buy in the South Shore of Long Island? Is there anyone local, who has good Viper Techs?

Thanks

Pete

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I been lurking on this site for about 6 months now. I've read a lot of the advice that everyone gives and a ton of the arguments too. Just looking for the best place to start a relationship w/ a dealer.

Thanks again.

Pete

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I been lurking on this site for about 6 months now. I've read a lot of the advice that everyone gives and a ton of the arguments too. Just looking for the best place to start a relationship w/ a dealer.

Thanks again.

Pete

Remember, it's not a luxury car and it doesn't do the driving for you.

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, I have read the posts and respect the power. I also plan on going to a race driving school in the new year as well.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eBay, you will probably get the best deal on there. Coupes are going for as low as $80K. There are deals out there, you just have to find them. Even Henderson / Hendrick (something like that) Dodge has two available at $1,000 over invoice. Ask "2002_Viper_GTS_ACR" on the board. Bought his SRT-10 from there.

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks again.

Pete

*** where does that come from? I just never understand these condescending commentaries...

Can we file this comment in the "blatantly obvious" folder?

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355, do you use Buhler Dodge? Where do you get yours serviced? I've checked out EBAY, I'm going to buy in early '06.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Search around and I bet you will find a better deal in many other areas. Honeslty, eBay is the best place. Buy from a dealer on there and you can save money. Just make sure you have a local member check the car for you before purchase and you will be fine.

As far as service, Chuck Tator is amazing. Does everything top notch. You will not be disappointed.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently purchased new ride. might be selling my
1996 B&W GTS with 8K miles, & my 06 First Edition B&W Coupe. might you be interested?

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently purchased new ride. might be selling my
1996 B&W GTS with 8K miles, & my 06 First Edition B&W Coupe. might you be interested?

what car did you purchase to make you want to sell your gts and your srt-10 coupe?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've had nothing but great experiences with Buhler Dodge, and have purchased SIX Vipers from Darren and his staff. His prices are amazing, and he truly goes overboard for our Viper Nation.

Heck, he even sponsors all our regional and zone events!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the generous sponsor/dealers on our site!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had nothing but great experiences with Buhler Dodge, and have purchased SIX Vipers from Darren and his staff. His prices are amazing, and he truly goes overboard for our Viper Nation.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the generous sponsor/dealers on our site!

From my experience, I have no idea what you are on but their prices are insanely high. Lets break it down:

2002 RT/10 Graphite on Cognac - End of the year search
Wanted $500 under MSRP and would not take less

Animal nest in my engine block
$400.00 to remove
Tator's Quote UNDER $100!!!

CD Changer Install
Took $300.00 & Three Hours To Find Out That There Is No Prong To Insert The Cord Into - Idiots!

Wheel Well Noise
Tried THREE times to fix. Had my car for over a week in total and after three visits could not fix. What happened? Took to TATOR's and all that needed to be done was a changing of the fluids.

Hardtop Issue
Had unusual rattling in the hardtop. After MANY visits, they never fixed it. Even though they gave me a rental car, it was defective and broke down about a 1/2 mile from the dealer on the way to pick up a car that they did not fix properly. Not bad that the car broke down but they never came to get me at the breakdown spot so I walked down Route 35 to get to the dealer. As I walked into the dealer I see the car leaving to pick us up. Meanwhile this was after about 30 minutes of waiting.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks again.

Pete

*** where does that come from? I just never understand these condescending commentaries...

Wormsterr, do you actually own or have you actually owned a viper---and no, that truck doesn't count. Bob Chandais (sp?), the viper tech at Huffines, cautioned me when I first picked up my viper, telling me that 1 in 6 new vipers is wrecked on the first day of ownership, usually in a single car accident. People bite off way more than they can chew with these cars all the time. I think Chuck is performing a public service by cautioning people because many think this car is as safe as a vette and the fact is you have to have a completely different mindset. If you put your foot to the floor at the wrong time, you WILL hurt the car and maybe yourself.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
06 FE is new no miles. hasn't even been delivered yet. So if you decide that Blue / White is your cup of tea...you can still unwrapp it. Besides yellow is only faster in your mind.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Search around and I bet you will find a better deal in many other areas. Honeslty, eBay is the best place. Buy from a dealer on there and you can save money. Just make sure you have a local member check the car for you before purchase and you will be fine.
I'm sorry, but I gotta disagree. Just looking around the board for the last five minutes I saw about 3 thank yous to Pemberton at Woodhouse for deliveries this week, one great comment about Roanoke and another about Mike Ringgold. There are REASONS these guys are selling 75% of the new cars out there AND a large percentage of the used ones. How many times do we hear a guy come in here hollering about the great Viper he got on EBay, not very often. And IN ADDITION how many times do we have guys ask for help with EBay cars, post pictures and we can tell from just the pictures that the car is screwed up. And even worse how many times have guys on this board volunteered to go look at EBay cars and come back with horror stories about the car. It's really irresponsible to recommend EBAY as the best deal out there. These guys are newbs, they're in a hurry and they are in lust for the Viper. Worse, there are not that many KNOWN Viper techs that one can say...OK, he will catch everything. Now add in Katrina with all the sunken cars that have no doubt begun to surface all over the country and it's even more irresponsible to say EBay is a great deal. It's the WORST time to be looking at EBay. Florida and Texas both allow the "washing" of a salvage title to get a clean title. And another thing that I have noticed is that you continually refer to specific EBay auctions that have days to run and the reserve has not been met. So what value is there in referring to an auction that has an SRT on it at $52,000 as a "great deal" when the reserve ain't met yet? Most auctions for Vipers do not close on EBay, they are there to generate attention and put the dealers phone number out there. I'm not trying to dump on you personally, I just think we need to be very cautious about saying EBay is the best source to new guys. Heck, I don't think you bought YOUR car there, I did not either and would not. AND I would always pay a few thousand more to get peace of mind with a car like the Viper. :)

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks again.

Pete

Calm down killer. Chuck is actually giving legit advice. The above ratio of wreecked vipers from new owners isn't far off.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
F355,

Obviously, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Believe me when I say, I am a shrewd buyer, and truly look at all avenues before purchasing ANY product, expecially one with a V10!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree. I've purchased two Vipers (Gen II and Gen III)from Buhler and would buy a third from them (Gen IV ?). Darren is a great Viper guy.

OP
OP
P

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, everyone has been really helpful. Bill Pemberton has already been EXTREMELY helpful, I'll also contact Darren Buhler as Joe Houss has been great too and said great things. I'm really happy that this forum is here. I've been wanting a Viper since it came out, it's a reality for me now. I'm going to take my time before I buy. I don't impulse buy. It's tough not to but I want to get exactly what I want and collect as much info from passionate/knowledgeable Viper guys as possible.

Thanks again

Pete

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang