Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000+ GTS in the following colors ONLY (STRIPED ONLY):

Black/Silver stripes
Red/Silver stripes
Red/White stripes
Saphire/Silver stripes
Graphite/Silver stripes

I am in California, and ready to buy. MUST have less than 7,000 Miles and be in great shape. Modded GTS's welcome!! I have my price point set, so send me offers by email or phone.

Call 1-866-430-1246 ANY TIME. EMAIL [email protected]

Zachary Oxman

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go to ebay. There are a ton for sale. The arent worth much now. Also the classifieds here are usually a good place.

Good luck.

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why less than 7000 miles?

Just curious

Luc
00GTS (not for sale)

I would like it to be fairly new. This will be my first Viper, so I am looking for something clean and in good overall shape.

Zach

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go to ebay. There are a ton for sale. The arent worth much now. Also the classifieds here are usually a good place.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip! Checked out eBay, and there was only one of interest....

Zach

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zach,

Be carefull,you have quite a few Vipers that have low miles but,those miles were mostly done at the racetrack or dragstrip.

There are few things to look for,as a discoloration (from white to yellowish)of the VIPER script on the brake calipers.

Good Luck.

Luc.

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zach,

Be carefull,you have quite a few Vipers that have low miles but,those miles were mostly done at the racetrack or dragstrip.

There are few things to look for,as a discoloration (from white to yellowish)of the VIPER script on the brake calipers.

Good Luck.

Luc.

Luc,
Thanks so much for the advice. I will look at that when I am inspecting cars! I really appreciate the time to help me out!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooo, if you have your price point set why not tell everbody what it is? With all due respect it's comes off as kinda arrogant to say Hey I'm in the market call me and sell me your car, I don't think you're dealing with a bunch of needy or unsophisticated people here. It would be much better to say here's what I want to spend, anybody wanna sell? If I were selling I would respond to such an approach. I would not respond to some mysterious I got my price point set call me I'll tell you if I'm interested. Jeez, what a degrading experience that would be. I just this week participated in a coast to coast deal checking out a car for a potential buyer, it's a 4000 mile 2000 GTS without stripes and it's not gonna go cheap but the buyer is going to move on it. Because the car is PERFECT. And that's a lot more important than a couple of thousand dollar differnce in price point with these cars. I firmly believe after this experience that the slide in GTS prices is OVER, all the guys flipping for the new SRT are pretty much done, that's the law of supply and demand, and all the guys who got hurt by the current economic situation have now unloaded. That's the economic angle, and in case nobody noticed Connor avenue ain't building any more GTS's. So the law of supply and demand is at some point going to have to go in the other direction, and it will continue to force the price of a very low mileage GTS back up until such time a s DC builds the next coupe, and if they can keep themselves from screwing up the styling...hint just make the comp. coupe in a street version...then you will really see GTS prices fall but until then I think you are just on the fringe of missing the buyers market in GTS's. Move quick and don't be afraid to pay high 50's for car that's under the mileage you're looking at and includes the extended warranty, remember that warranty probably cost a couple thousand and the stripes cost $3000 new. So if you're looking at cars on ebay (I would not) without stripes and without extended warranty you might want to raise the bar a little.

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooo, if you have your price point set why not tell everbody what it is? With all due respect it's comes off as kinda arrogant to say Hey I'm in the market call me and sell me your car, I don't think you're dealing with a bunch of needy or unsophisticated people here. It would be much better to say here's what I want to spend, anybody wanna sell? If I were selling I would respond to such an approach. I would not respond to some mysterious I got my price point set call me I'll tell you if I'm interested. Jeez, what a degrading experience that would be. I just this week participated in a coast to coast deal checking out a car for a potential buyer, it's a 4000 mile 2000 GTS without stripes and it's not gonna go cheap but the buyer is going to move on it. Because the car is PERFECT. And that's a lot more important than a couple of thousand dollar differnce in price point with these cars. I firmly believe after this experience that the slide in GTS prices is OVER, all the guys flipping for the new SRT are pretty much done, that's the law of supply and demand, and all the guys who got hurt by the current economic situation have now unloaded. That's the economic angle, and in case nobody noticed Connor avenue ain't building any more GTS's. So the law of supply and demand is at some point going to have to go in the other direction, and it will continue to force the price of a very low mileage GTS back up until such time a s DC builds the next coupe, and if they can keep themselves from screwing up the styling...hint just make the comp. coupe in a street version...then you will really see GTS prices fall but until then I think you are just on the fringe of missing the buyers market in GTS's. Move quick and don't be afraid to pay high 50's for car that's under the mileage you're looking at and includes the extended warranty, remember that warranty probably cost a couple thousand and the stripes cost $3000 new. So if you're looking at cars on ebay (I would not) without stripes and without extended warranty you might want to raise the bar a little.

Lee,
Good points. I did not mean to come off arrogantly, and certanly do not feel that I am dealing with people that are not sophisticated. I am looking to spend in the mid to hi $50's on the model run's listed above. Of course, I know that the price I am willing to spend (right now) is a bit low for an '02 (I have done my research and spoke with many parties ), I know where I am and where I want to be.

Still open by email...give me a call also!

Thanks,

Zach

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea, I will not be going the eBay route...the only used Viper I will buy would be from a VCA member

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Here\'s a great deal on an ACR for you!

Check out the VCA classifieds - there is a 2000 Steel grey with striped ACR and some nice mods that is for sale. It's only got 6000 miles. It's listed at a steal it price of $54K and that INCLUDES a 7 year D-C warranty. I personally know the car and cannot figure out why it's not sold - maybe because he hasn't been too aggressive with the advertising. He is a multi-Viper owner and took a step up to a Comp Coupe, so the ACR is for sale. It's set up properly for street or ViperDays and has been VERY WELL maintained. No damage or paint work. Car is strong and clean. You could get this car - it needs NOTHING for mods, have it shipped to Cali and already have a nice warranty, etc.

Check it out!

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Janni! I will check it out. I did look at that car, but was concerned about the track time...If you vouch for it, than I should definately take a second look.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please do - it's a very nice car and he's a very good driver, so there are no concerns about abuse, etc. He's got plenty of pictures and will get back to you via email. And that steel grey is a VERY cool color.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And looks like you found your car - a 2000 GTS in black/silver. GREAT year and great color combination too! Congrats and be sure to post pictures when it arrives.

Chris

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's right Chris! I am SO excited right now!

Pics to come soon!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, that was confusing. You found a black silver? An excellent color choice if I may say so but it sounded as if you were after the gray silver Janni mentioned. Did you buy Chris's old car?