LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A RACE LINED UP WITH THE C6Z06

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if any of you guys would like to see me race the new c6z06 looks like i have it
lined up on april 23 at capital raceway in maryland. the guy with the z (RANGER)
has a red one which i saw run last weekend at cecil dragway. he is running 11.31
and me 11.55 so if we go heads up i can only win if i get him at the line ( cut
a better light by .14 which could be hard not impossible to do ) or we both dial
in and run ET BRACKET which makes it a fair race. i made a post over at the
corvetteforum.com in the C6 Z06 FORUM - the post is ANYONE WANT TO SEE RANGER AND
I RACE, VETTE VS VIPER. alot of guys have posted on this tread, go check it out.

MAKE A POST OVER THERE AND HELP ME WITH SOME SUPPORT GUYS :2tu:

I MEAN YOU DO WANT TO SEE THE VIPER WIN, RIGHT :D :headbang:

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ummm kuhmo's exhaust air intake its over for the 06 zo6 in with the 02 rt/10 :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like driver versus driver its pretty even as ya both are good. so YOU will be at a DIS advantage unless he gives ya time or run bracket.

good luck.

how about a run on the street where i think YOU might have a chance

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck, should be VERY close...

Though IF Ranger wins by a Tenth or two I'm sure many here will claim he's running a 200hp Shot of Nitrous. :rolleyes:

Best of luck to you guys, try to get it on tape. :2tu:

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good. On a perfect run, if you lose it will be by what, 2-3 car lengths?

An "old" "dated" Viper and the new "supervette" basically head to head.

A quarter of a second is not exactly my idea of "smoking" anyone. Those tools think they can just lose sight of a Viper in their review mirror b/c the Z is "Sooooooooo" much faster.

This will be a good reality check for them. Be sure & rub it in how old & dated you car is. With Ranger driving, they can't make any excuses; he's a legend dragging vettes. That Z is a bad boy, but it ain't that bad.

Cup check!

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best of luck, and remember to not eat the night before and take a big dump before the race. That should be good for a 15 lbs reduction. ;)

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok he set the terms for the race(they ****) but i still think i can win. if you
go over to their form you will see the terms. ALSO IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO COPY
THEM AND BRING THEM TO THIS BOARD PLEASE DO. my first post in this tread will get
you to the post in the corvetteforum.

let me know what you think of the terms.

i will post time place date when we have it set :2tu:

tom

its basically going to be 2-3 PASSES heads up racing. I CANT WAIT :D

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just highlight the text, right click and select "copy".
Then come back here and "paste" the text in the quick reply box.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok he set the terms for the race(they ****) but i still think i can win. if you
go over to their form you will see the terms. ALSO IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO COPY
THEM AND BRING THEM TO THIS BOARD PLEASE DO. my first post in this tread will get
you to the post in the corvetteforum.

let me know what you think of the terms.

i will post time place date when we have it set :2tu:

tom

its basically going to be 2-3 PASSES heads up racing. I CANT WAIT :D

Here you man. :2tu:

Wanted,

I think what would be fun for the spectators is watching a couple fast drivers put their fast cars to the time test. That is interesting to me.

You are a lifetime bracket racer. I've never bracket raced.

You are dialed-in in your car. I'm still trying to figure out how to launch mine.

So a bracket racing venue seems pretty silly to me. But, of course, I do appreciate why you'd prefer it.

Here is what I'd go for.

(1) You choose your tires and I'll choose mine. You're already quite consistent (high 1.6s) on your tires. I'm not.

(2) We make two match passes early in the day before the street tires attrite the surface. I need some time between passes to cool my car, since I'm stock and don't have a fan switch. I'm up for a third pass too if track officials don't make me park it after the first two.

(3) We average our two passes and compare them an index of our best passes at Cecil County on April 9th. Closest to the index is the winner. So you're shooting for 11.55 and I'm going for 11.31.

Should either of us have an opportunity to make a new record, we'd choose to do so or not depending on our preference for the record or beating the opponent.

Following this approach, both of might have a shot at a good outcome and give the spectators a show at the same time.

Those are the terms that seem fair to me.

Ranger

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I like those rules or not Tom, he likes it because he knows as it stands, his car will be in front for everyone watching to see but is covering it up by asking to index the times. Let’s find some slicks or something (NOS) to put you in front. ANYWAY I can help Tom give me a call!!!! I love your spirit buddy, GO FOR IT!!! :2tu:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Ranger wants to run other than OEM tires. In which case you will loose fairly badly. I think you need to get some slicks and put that RT into low 11's.

Dont give Ranger an inch, he is by a long shot the best Vet driver out there. He has a long history of making the fastest passes in z06's.

Besides that, I think you need to let him and all the others know that you just bought this car. Have you ever raced your old RT beyond one or two track outings? I think the vet guys are under the impression that you have been racing vipers for ever. I still think you can improve your time by a tenth at least.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Can we kipnap his family, and hold them hostage, unless he throws the race?

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck Wanted. Should be exciting race with the best of American muscle going at it. Ranger seems to be a good sport.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope lots of you viper guys can make it to the race.

by the way i raced a guy sunday dialed in at a 11.30 / ran 11.28 and we left the tree pretty
much at the same time, by the time we hit the traps he only had me by a nose if
that. he broke out of his time, giving me the win. if you look at my time slip
of the 11.554 run you will see his time and the r/t's from both of us. let me
know what you see there. this guy RANGER does not worry me, i dont think he gets
off the line very well (reaction time) that i hope and think is his down fall
and my opening in a heads up race using a tree.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to sound like too much of a newb :bonker: .... but does he really run 11.30 with a bone stock C6 Z?

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His bad reaction time is due to his tires. He won't have that problem with drag radials or street slicks. Since he allows any tires you must use street slicks & skinnies. I know you have a good short time now of 1.6 sec. and can only improve to about 1.5 with slicks. However you will gain between 1-3 tenths in the hard shifts you will be able to make between the other gears. Good Luck.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, i think this track is a bit shorter than a quarter mile. 2 Pretty amazing times. haha

Hmm, you should take out your air filter to get a few more HP..... : )

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corvette Forum thread below. After reading it I hope he did not sucker you in, seems the slower car should set the terms. I'm kinda amused by all his "I don't know what I'm doing yet" He's probably the best in the country. Props to you for taking him on. We shall have to start organizing the cheering section!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1362647

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do us proud Wanted.

I already raced one of these things last October on the Steet, he is a freind of mine. I cut the light on him and got out ahead of him. We marked out what we thought looked like a 1/4 mile and I got there first. He was coming on pretty strong though at the end. His car had about 600 miles on it but he cried that he didnt know how to drive it or launch it yet.

Funny thing was he used to track his 911.

I was in my 99 RT/10 which sadly, got sold Tuesday. :(

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to be really awesome. I hope there are several videos. I also want to commend both sides for being civil. Both are true American Badasses.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good luck WANTED!

I THINK you might need it-but hey, I've met you and you're a ONE kewl guy, so my money's on YOU

Ranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Vette guy is fudging on his car being stock.

Here are some facts to consider before you ice down that thought.

Also might want to look at the vid of 11.55 with 363 rwhp in a 2002 Z06, If you download and play that vid frame by frame, see if you can detect the shifts. Does the nose ever drop?

<font color="Red">'06 Z06</font>, Victory Red/Ebony; <font color="red">18 passes; not dialed-in yet</font>
Bone Stock Stock Tires:.......11.31 127.52 1.90 60' Details
Bone Stock DRs:.................11.20 125.69 1.73 60' Details
'02 Z06 (Sold)
Bone Stock Stock Tires:........11.81 117.26 1.78 60' Details
Just Halltech Tric CAI &amp; DRs:.11.52 120.21 1.64 60' Details
'01 Z06 (Sold)
Just Halltech Tric CAI &amp; DRs:..11.94 116.65 1.83 60' Details

<font color="blue">Ranger's 2002 Z06: 11.55 at 117.59 video</font>

<font color="blue">Z06 Launch Techniques</font>

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Vette guy is fudging on his car being stock.

Nah,

Ranger is just a driving machine.

But he is trying to play the I am not too familiar with this car game.

Ranger, you know full well you are in the top 99.9% of people that can ring out the imposible from cars. So please give Wanted a fair race, cause with you on drag radials or slicks is pointless.

Ranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Russ.

I have 10 passes on DRs and 8 on stock tires. Torque Management (the computer nanny) intervenes on a srong launch and pulls 1.0-1.5 tenths out of it. I need to find a launch technique that drives around that TM. But that take making passes, which is hard to do when booted the last four drag days after two passes under 11.50 w/o a cage. So it is fair to say that my launch of the car is not yet dialed-in. And remember Wanted and I are running against our index of 11.55 and 11.31. Closest driver wins.

Ranger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960