LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A RACE LINED UP WITH THE C6Z06

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Russ.

. And remember Wanted and I are running against our index of 11.55 and 11.31. Closest driver wins.

Ranger

So what is the point of using the DR's?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Vette guy is fudging on his car being stock.

Nah,

Ranger is just a driving machine.

But he is trying to play the I am not too familiar with this car game.

Ranger, you know full well you are in the top 99.9% of people that can ring out the imposible from cars. So please give Wanted a fair race, cause with you on drag radials or slicks is pointless.

In my experience track hustlers who hedge on their driving expertise, also fudge on the configuration of their cars. I watched the videos and believe I heard a hidden nitrous solenoid clicking open after he hit second gear. Very distinctive.

Ranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...In my experience track hustlers who hedge on their driving expertise, also fudge on the configuration of their cars. I watched the videos and believe I heard a hidden nitrous solenoid clicking open after he hit second gear. Very distinctive.

Thanks, I appreciate that. First time I've been called a track hustler.

Nice try with the nitrous comment. There were half a dozen Z06 owners from my club watching that 11.55 pass. Here is a thread that contains affirmations on the validity of the pass and that the car was stock except for the Halltech Tric cold-air box and the DRs.

11.55 on z06Vette Jamie Furman witness in post 9 and 28

Jamie Furman a Viper owner and VCA member stated in post #28: "the most impressive run that I saw on that day was Ranger and I am not just saying that to pat him on his back, that truly was the most impressive run I have ever seen by any stock car viper or vette and I think anyone that races stock vehicles alot can appreciate what I am saying.' I took that as a compliment since Jamie was driving his Z06 that day and closely examined my car.

11.55 on Corvette Forum Tracy witness in Post 2

Ranger

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Vette guy is fudging on his car being stock.

He's actually running a 300hp shot of nitrous, this is the ONLY way a Z06 can outrun a Viper is by cheating/lying.

Stock C6 Z06's run 13's.......... true story

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, is it just me or does 117mph seem sllooooow for a 11.55?

I mean, I can't recall seeing a number like that. Maybe I am wrong. I just think this track is shy of a quarter mile which would explain these rediculious times.

Nothing against the racers, but to me those times seem off. Maybe if he can pull off an outrageous 60ft time I could believe an 11.55 @ 117.

Ranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's MIR, Maryland International Raceway. They host IHRA national events.

the 60' was 1.64.

Ranger

My 2002 Z06 with its 363 rwhp on DRs ran trap speed from high 116s to low 121s depending on conditions and how I well I drove the run.
(1) the desity altitude (air quality) and prevailing wind
(2) traction achieved, traps on DR are generally higher because the more time the tires are hooked the greater the acceleration
(3) shift point attained, how close to the limiter (traget) were the shifts actually made; remember no shiftlight
(4) strength of shifts, e.g. 0, 1, 2, or 3 powershifts on the pass

Here are some examples from my log

11.52 at 120.21 mph -1200' DA
11.53 @ 119.7 mph -1100' DA
11.55 @ 119.9 mph -1000' DA
11.55 at 117.69 mph 1200' DA
11.56 at 117.94 mph 400' DA
11.57 @ 121.3 mph -950' DA
11.58 @ 120.3 mph -950' DA
11.61 at 120.54 mph 100' DA

Ranger

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ranger, try being consistent! :p

Driving a Slow **** Vette to those speed is amazing! I wonder what times you'd pull out of a real car--You know one with a couple more cylinders, and a few more curves? :p :eek: :D

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ranger, it was a pleasure meeting you at the track and look forward to seeing/racing with you in the future. My boys and I got a kick out of seeing your car there, we spend all day looking at Vipers, it was nice to see Vetts new monster in person. Kevin, Josh and Jake Knight