Loss of Power with the Roe SC??

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed the Roe SC last week. Simply awesome! Everything went smooth (except for having to fish a nut out of the cylinder when it fell in one of the injector holes). Anyways, I have driven for several miles in and around town without any issues. There is some occasional detonation on hard acceleration but I finally found some 93 octane and we'll see how that works. I went to a cruise-in about 35 miles away and probably about 5 miles from our destination I noticed a sudden loss of power. There were no misses, or anything to indicate a cylinder not firing due to lack of spark or fuel, it just lost power. As I tried to accelerate, it just felt like there was nothing there. It was like I had my foot on the brakes as I was trying to accelerate. Pulled up to a stop sign and everything sounded normal...normal idle. Mashed on the go pedal and it just seemed to take a lot more effort to get up to speed. Got to the cruise-in and sat there for about two hours. Got in it, fired it up and took off back to home and everything ran great. Got back in town and drove around, went and ate and then got into a little competition with a rustang on the way back to home for the night....everything back to normal. (Rustang gave up after about 80 yards). Anyhow, I don't know what that little spell could have been. It never set a code as I checked it with a code reader. I'm wondering what happens with the Eaton bypass valve. Could it have stuck open or closed at some point and cause that condition? Or was there maybe a spoof in the Vec?

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
check the intake tube also. I collapsed one on another car once. Drop the HP to about 1/3. (on the vacuum side of the blower)

OP
OP
C

cayman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It happened again tonight. I shut the car off a few seconds and started it back up and it ran fine. I'm almost convinced the issue is in the Eaton bypass somehow. I checked it out to make sure there was nothing hanging the mechanism up and everything was free and clear. The only thing I can think of is sometime during an acceleration, the bypass valve stays open instead of closing like it should. But what condition would cause vacuum to remain on the bypass keeping it open while accelerating and would would keep the vacuum on the bypass until after shutting the car down? Like I said before, there is nothing mechanical keeping it open, it has to be vacuum. :confused:

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best to call Sean. I think there is a rubber boot or fitting on the bypass valve. Check to se if it has a hole or a tear or is cracked.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like bad gas; i got some bad gas and the car lost a [******] load of power; burned it off and everything was fine

or maybe it was something else i thought was bad gas

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456