Lost control..did a 360 into a field....need some help!!

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going around a corner Saturday and gave 'er a little too much gas. Spun out in a field. I was able to drive out...car was covered in dirt and straw :(

OK..first there was anti freeze dripping from the front fascia. The over flow bottle was empty. The cap was still on...so where is the tube located on the bottle so I can see if it came off? Any other ideas? Should the bottle always have antifreeze in it?

2nd...The hood on the drivers side is normal, but right behind the passenger headlight where the hood meets the top of the fascia...they are touching. I think the right front nose just got pushed up...is there an adjustment I can make to lower the right front of the fascia?

3rd...the fascia must have flexed during the spin and I've got a few spider webs in the paint. Do I have to have it re-painted or can these be buffed out?

4th...I've got pretty severe "**** rash" on my stock clear-coated rims...any magic remedies to get those out?

Sorry so long...but this is the first "accident" I've had in the 2 1/2 years I've had it and I'm a little freaked right now!!! :eek:

Thanks for the help!!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the lower fascia attachment bolts punched a hole in your coolant siphon bottle. It is a common occurrence that can be prevented from happening again by simply hacksawing the bolt just short enough to fully engage the j-nut. Check the front splash shield (core support)for cracks. Examine the flat sheet metal plate that attaches the front frame horn to the splash shield behind the siphon bottle. It is likely bent too.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. You punctured your coolant overflow bottle with the screw on the bottom of your fascia. The part is about $20.

2. You may have busted the headlight mounting studs - they are somewhat weak. Better bet, is that you cracked the radiator core support - all the facsia pieces mount to it. PITA to replace - but you might be able to fix it with epoxies.

3. Spider cracks don't buff out - that's a repaint.

4. **** rash - if it's "dented" the clearcoat, you might get them looking a little better, but they may always be marred.

Best of luck getting it fixed. I have a local body shop to recommend for Viper stuff if you need help.

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys...it sounds like a PITA!! Especially since there are no "Viper friendly" places in town to take it. Do I have to take off the fascia to see all the damage? Is there a way to get to the coolant overflow bottle without taking the fascia off?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just take the plunge and remove the facia. There are multiple threads on how to do it. Fairly easy and you will get a real good look at everything. Good luck :p

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting the fascia off is not too difficult - after you've done it once before. Two bolts which attach the bumper support to the frame horns are the most problem. You need to go in through the rectanglular blockoff in front of the air box with a ratchet/15mm and a flexible arm. Ask around your club to see if you can get some help from somebody that has been through it.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean,

Where is that awesome pic of you and the Blue and White Beast plowing into an infield? I kept the information you wrote about the fascia before, for personal future (ahem) reference :eek:

Still one of my favorite action photos! I believe that you came out of the infield narry a scratch, correct? :2tu:

Jay K.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll find it at the Alley, in my gallery. Scratches no. Mud and grass, yes. Good thing I take a hose and spray nozzle to the track...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas