Lost It the First Time the Accelerator Went to the Floor

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are ok. It is truly impressive how much power this car actually makes.

Good post. Sorry about your loss.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very glad to hear that you are OK. It is not uncommon for people to do this so I have heard. So did you get any pictures of this? I assume this happened at the track. If it occurred at the track, insurance covering it without a problem? Any injuries? I hope not!!!

Once again glad to hear you are ok :)

KEITH

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your incident. Glad you're still with us. Outstanding...to have the presence of mind to remove the top to get out!

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats pretty [******] scary, im glad you are ok, sorry to hear about the car though. oh well, nothing that cant be replaced.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to here this, but glad your OK. Your not the first or even the last that this will happen to. It takes some guts to post a report like this. Thanks, I hope this wasn't the last words you spoke to the audience "yaall watch this"

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your selling the motor & drive train i'm interested.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad your ok. When my first '96 was totaled, Triple-A cut me a check that same week. I just had to take them the title and sign it over to them. They did give an offer to buy back the salvage, but I had no desire to try to have it fixed or to sell-off the parts. As far as getting the insurance company to replace it, I would take the cash and look for the new Viper myself. That way your getting exactly what you want and you can have the car checked for problems beforehand.

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're o.k and no one got hurt....

You may want to hire an attorney and see if you can get that ticket dropped to a lesser charge somehow...My wife was basically charged with a similiar offense when she totalled our GTS and our insurance company cancelled our policy after 15 years with them...

Needless to say things do not go well when you go shopping for new insurance and they find out you were cancelled for A. what amounts to reckless driving and B...You totalled a very expensive car while reckless driving...

We now pay more than triple what we used to pay with the new company and were fortunate to even get that...Most all the insurance companies turned us
down flat...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul:

I never heard of that ticket before. Knowing cops they made it up. LOL! Again I am glad to hear that you are ok.

As for your car I think you might want to get a new one if your insurance company cuts you a check because the car will never be the same after it is repaired and also Viper's are very expensive to repair.

Let us know what happens.

KEITH

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to here this, but glad your OK. Your not the first or even the last that this will happen to. It takes some guts to post a report like this. Thanks, I hope this wasn't the last words you spoke to the audience "yaall watch this"

Or "Hold my beer and watch this!" Hopefully you didn't spill your beer :)

All kidding aside, good to hear you're okay!

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're OK. I got a similar ticket once which they called 'Display of Speed' when I was accelerating from a stop up to the posted speed limit at full throttle. Sounds like the same thing. They should just call it 'hotrodding' or something so we know what we got the ticket for. I also agree with the poster above that you may want to try to take proactive action against the ticket because it will no doubt seriously hurt your insurance costs in conjunction with your accident.

Thanks for sharing. Now I don't feel so bad for getting my first speeding ticket in my Viper this weekend.

--- Ken

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad YOU are OK, "stock". For interest sake, could you please tell us the type of tires that are on the car...are they the original SGT's, the later Mxx3's, or Pilot Sports, or something else??? Again, cars are fixable or replaceable...glad you made it through !!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update...your experience is a reminder to us ALL of just how quickly disaster can strike...don't let this sour you on a Viper, however...good luck to you.

Reaction score
Glad you are okay, and sorry about your car.

If you are interested in preventing a repeat start with a few Skip Barber Driving schools and follow that with Viper Days.

It is easier to lose control than most of us realize. Higher performance requires more understanding of grip, balance, looking ahead, etc. Concepts that come from several driving schools and practice.

Devin 97 Blue GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just lost it in the rain last Thursday cruising at 50 mph the snake just took off and did two 360 across all lines , do not ask me how no one hit me. I THANK GOD after a change my pants.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...so sorry for the wreck--that is truly a day-ruiner, but a very cool story about a cool-headed escape from what must be a pretty cool cat. I don't sense any tears dripping through the keyboard...somehow, I like that. Get up, get another one, try again. :)

We should do a poll on how many of us have spun. Could someone start that?

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spun (360) last week. Too much gas, cold tires, old tires, showing off, wheels not straight; all of the above. Very humbling. Happens so fast, it seems impossible to recover. Hit the curb, up on the side-walk on the opposite side of the street. Broke the rear wheel rim, only damage. Thank God no one was walking there, and no parked cars on that side of the street.

Immediately bought new tires. Tires can't compensate for driving stupidity, but it should give a larger margin of safety.

Greg W

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone:

I just started a post where everyone can post their "loosing control" stories. I am very interested in hearing these. Well I guess you can just click on my name on the right, "F355" and visit and if you have a story hoefully post.

Thanks a lot and drive safely!! :)

KEITH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960