loudest exhaust?

mdurbahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the loudest aftermarket exhaust set up for a gts? From what I read it sounds like maybe corsa track exhaust? I like that loud 'euro' sound, anything other ones like that?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got Roe 10 psi supercharger, Corsa track exhaust, 1 3/4" headers, Cat delete and it includes an equalizer pipe at the rear. Loudest I've heard at WOT (and myfriends agree, lol). It has no drone and is quieter at cruise than my old 8 psi Roe supercharged, Hi flow cats with Random Tech exhaust.

Not sure what you mean by 'Euro' sound, but my Viper sounds almost as good as my modified 440 Duster. Duster has 2" headers, overbore, cam, flowmasters and H pipe with downspouts - no tailpipes.

Search RTTTTed videos on youtube.com for sounds.

Ted

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO I have found Borla to be louder than Corsa. Borla gives that great backfiring when you let off the gas in low gear.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get looked at all the time in traffic b/c I will not shift out of 1st between short lights just so I can hear that sound.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine 'pops' while slowing once in awhile, but not rapping or constant.

Ted

OP
OP
M

mdurbahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i searched your videos, i like the sound of a zrt 600 better then a car :) I miss my RMK.

I've got Roe 10 psi supercharger, Corsa track exhaust, 1 3/4" headers, Cat delete and it includes an equalizer pipe at the rear. Loudest I've heard at WOT (and myfriends agree, lol). It has no drone and is quieter at cruise than my old 8 psi Roe supercharged, Hi flow cats with Random Tech exhaust.

Not sure what you mean by 'Euro' sound, but my Viper sounds almost as good as my modified 440 Duster. Duster has 2" headers, overbore, cam, flowmasters and H pipe with downspouts - no tailpipes.

Search RTTTTed videos on youtube.com for sounds.

Ted

D

DAMN YANKEE

I have found this to be the loudest exhaust...for about 3 seconds.....its a real attention getter.

You must be registered for see images

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the one guy laughing at the end of that sound clip....you know he is smiling from ear to ear too!!! Awesome!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great sound clips. I asume those are with the Magnaflow cat backs??

No, actually, both clips are from the GenII version of the Belanger catback & headers. They come with Dynomax race bullet mufflers. I believe Steve has the 4 muffler version but I have the two muffler version.

I think the Belanger system sounds louder on the SRT's based on some rigs I've heard in our local chapter.

Reaction score
Would it be foolish of me to have a custom exhaust utilizing the factory exhaust manifolds? Also, I am in search of just the 3" dual inlet/outlet Corsa performance muffler. Should I buy that straight from Corsa? Or does anyone have a link to a site that has reasonable prices for the Corsa muffler that I need? thank you.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Old thread revived. Can't help with above.

But... at VOIX I defintely had the loudest car there - out of 400+ Vipers. Might have been one or two in trailers, but at the vendors night - ask the girl that was selling Tshirts behind my car, LOL. The sound is also why I made the VOI video.

AT VOI the Corsa exhibit showed the front "muffler". Straight though 3" pipe with 2 small 1"x3/8" slots opening into the sound cancellation chambers that are "bubble" on the outside of the straight pipe. I believe that their purpose is to cancel out irritating noise at cruising speeds >2200rpm. I don't believe that there is any restrictions in the Corsa track exhaust (Gen2). Tech explained that a lot of the Gen 2 sound tuning is in the length of the pipe allowing a deeper more mellow tone for the exhaust.

Ted

Last edited:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be foolish of me to have a custom exhaust utilizing the factory exhaust manifolds? Also, I am in search of just the 3" dual inlet/outlet Corsa performance muffler. Should I buy that straight from Corsa? Or does anyone have a link to a site that has reasonable prices for the Corsa muffler that I need? thank you.

Depends what you'd be using aft of the factory exhaust manifolds. I kept mine and the OE rear exhaust as well, but added some things of my own design under the sills. It managed 123.2 mph at the strip on drag radials. Not bad for a creampuff '01..

Adding 3" Borla slowed me down .25sec so that came back off

:drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My 98 GTS (with just a Roe sc, made 600rwhp/644rwhp) and stock headers.

JonB (PartsRack.com - Home) carries quite a bit of new, nearly new and used exhuast parts among other stuff.

TED

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4