Low-RPM Issue

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey gents, happy new year. My 06 coupe has developed an annoying/intermittent issue at low-rpm. Anytime the car has been fully warmed up & I stay sitting at a stoplight for example.. I take off part-throttle in first gear and wind to about 3k rpms, or short shift to 2nd & do the same thing. With the windows down, I can hear (and feel) multiple hestitations/stuttering, almost like it's misfiring and as I go up in the RPMs, it goes away.. I brought the car to Doug & we inspected the plugs & replaced them. Everything seemed spot-on with the old plugs, but we wanted to replace anyway. I've also had the car running at idle for about 10-15 minutes & popped the hood to see if I could spot any arching with the wires, but didn't see anything. When the car is at speed, this usually isn't an issue. Has this type of issue happened to anyone or perhaps anyone has an indicator as to where to look? Thanks in advance.

- Matt

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Matt,

I'm by no means a professional mechanic and I haven't experienced that problem with my 06 Coupe....but I had a similar situation happen in a Mustang that I had supercharged. Turned out to be a wire in the Mass Air Meter that was making contact with bare metal. At low rpm (during the take-off vibration)the machine stuttered and hesitated but cleared up at a higher rpm.

I immediately thought of poor fuel, but then again you wouldn't have better performance at higher rpm with this condition. You may want to have a dealership put it on a diagnostics hookup. Just my personal thoughts. Goodluck and I hope you're able to fix your baby!