Luk clutch

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am need of a complete clutch kit including flywheel and want to use stock. I know some on here have bought the clutch only from a seller on EB for about $200.
Is there a preferred seller? Did a cursory search on here to no avail.

Last edited:

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed a LUK in my 3000gt and like it. Got it off Amazon for $107. It was a kit and came with throw out bearing, disk, pressure plate and alignment tool.

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, I've been throwing north of 800whp at my LUK clutch and it loves every second of it. That being said though, I don't run drag radials or run at the drag strip. Doesn't slip and drives awesome.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd recommend you check out another site sponsor as well: BadBoyzGarage

I got the very 1st Gen I/II flywheel/clutch kit and after 10k miles I'm still in love with it! The kit comes with a serviceable lightwieght sturdy flywheel, clutch and disc (3 different discs are available) and I believe the price point is around $1k. Call Toddy, he'll tell you all about it.

Regards,
Aaron

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a slightly used LUX that I recently pulled out. Looks like new w/pressure plate and spare slave/TO bearing. You can have it if you want to cruise on over to Valrico.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet CINDY Lux would want to have a clutch with her name on it in her racing Viper :D.... but the LUK box in my parts department is throwing a fit about spelling.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JST2CRZY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for thr responses so far.
- EllowViper, tried to send you a pm but it says you have reached your storage capacity.
- Anyone have a OEM flywheel new or used that has not been turned?
Thanks

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The LuK clutch is the OEM supplier, not sure if the eBay stuff is OEM spec.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I like your logic Dave, I don't subscribe to it. Same brand aftermarket does not guarantee that's its factory spec. I'd like to believe your right because at some point I'm going to need a clutch. I've become a pessimist after years of getting burned.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not same brand aftermarket...

IT'S A LUK CLUTCH!!! THE ONE THAT COMES IN THE VIPER!!!

Geesh man.

There has been post after post of success stories using the ebay Luk clutch kits. Can you post some failure stories with the same kits when not being misapplied?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same brand aftermarket does not guarantee that's its factory spec.

+1

For example:
A Factory Michelin PS2 tire for a Viper,
A Factory Michelin PS2 tire for a Porsche,
and A Michelin PS2 tire purchased off the shelf(or online)
are all different because apparently some manufactures have the connections to have a unique spec tire produced to be equipped on new vehicles.

Also, i remember when reading through all of our SRT chat sessions there being comments by the engineers talking about working with diff part manufactures to create "viper spec" parts.

Say XYZbrakes makes aftermarket brakes for many diff vehicles(including the viper) all using the same compound,
and then later, SRT works with them to create a specific compound for the viper to be supplied OEM.
Then some time down the road you are due for new pads,
You read on an internet forum that OEM uses XYZ Brake Pads,
You go to the XYZ website(or ebay/amazon) and order pads.
What is delivered to you might be the generic spec compound rather than the OEM spec.
If you had purchased from an OEM suppler(dealership/VPA/partsrack/ect...) then you would be guaranteed to get the good stuff.