Luk clutch

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1

For example:
A Factory Michelin PS2 tire for a Viper,
A Factory Michelin PS2 tire for a Porsche,
and A Michelin PS2 tire purchased off the shelf(or online)
are all different because apparently some manufactures have the connections to have a unique spec tire produced to be equipped on new vehicles.

So what you're saying is that most people buy replacement tires for their vehicles that don't meet OE spec? LMAO that is hilarious.

Every time one of these threads comes up about parts I'll ask to see the data supporting the claim of reduced or questionable quality. As opposed to the currently existing and available reports of successful use of said parts. And nobody can ever come up with anything. I guess this is kind of the opposite of the people that whine about $20 parts costing a whole $20.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dom426h:3145265 said:
There has been post after post of success stories using the ebay Luk clutch kits.

Does success = genuine ?

Many diff clutches could be put in a vehicle with success

Can you post some failure stories with the same kits when not being misapplied?

If an impostor does not fail does that make it genuine ?

It makes it a working part, lol

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I'm not trying to create an issue here, however because I am not sure of other applications for that specific clutch, I tend to over analyze the aftermarket. What I'm saying is that, that same part number may also work on a Dodge Ram pick up or other Chrysler product. As DOM426h pointed out, even OEM suppliers may use a single part number to service many vehicles in the aftermarket. As strange as this may sound, I'm concerned about potential balance issues with the clutch. Don't ask me why I'm concerned over balance. I have my reasons. It's my own lack of specific knowledge in how a Viper engine is balanced, that leads to my concern over using the Ebay part. I'm sure the part works fine, however I tend to over analyze things because I've been burned so many times in the past.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I'm not trying to create an issue here, however because I am not sure of other applications for that specific clutch, I tend to over analyze the aftermarket. What I'm saying is that, that same part number may also work on a Dodge Ram pick up or other Chrysler product. As DOM426h pointed out, even OEM suppliers may use a single part number to service many vehicles in the aftermarket. As strange as this may sound, I'm concerned about potential balance issues with the clutch. Don't ask me why I'm concerned over balance. I have my reasons. It's my own lack of specific knowledge in how a Viper engine is balanced, that leads to my concern over using the Ebay part. I'm sure the part works fine, however I tend to over analyze things because I've been burned so many times in the past.
The balancer is on the other side of the crank. If you want an aftermarket one of those look for an ATI.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used an ebay LUK clutch (~$150) on my old 800rwhp car. never a problem for 12K miles when i sold it.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this thread is just full of win. I really love how everyone is arguing over a clutch yet nobody has posted a failure of the Luk clutch (thats not running crazy HP)

o and i have a ebay Luk in my viper, along with putting it in my customers cars, no complaints.. ever.

and the part # the clutch only fits Viper, look it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things here, I never said anything about failure of the clutch. Secondly clutch balance has nothing to do with the harmonic dampner which is located at the front of the crank (dampner not balancer). I'm sorry I was thinking out loud about this clutch. As I originally stated I was hoping that the eBay clutch was identical to the dealer stocked item. It sounds like it is given all the positive reviews.

ultradriver10000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you guys think companies seriously change as per OEM specs? Its not cost prohibitive. If an OEM request a certain spec they make all their parts meet that spec so they can be a supplier. They don't make some lesser parts and toss them on ebay in order to screw people. A Goodyear is a Goodyear. I you buy one at the Dodge dealer it will be 100% the same as if you get it off ebay or discount or anyplace else.

Jebus.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you guys think companies seriously change as per OEM specs? Its not cost prohibitive. If an OEM request a certain spec they make all their parts meet that spec so they can be a supplier. They don't make some lesser parts and toss them on ebay in order to screw people. A Goodyear is a Goodyear. I you buy one at the Dodge dealer it will be 100% the same as if you get it off ebay or discount or anyplace else.

Jebus.

Not necessarily pertaining to this exact conversation, but I have to disagree. Manufacturers absolutely do sell off lots of parts that do not meet spec for one reason or another as overstock parts, blem parts, etc. Many of those do find their way into the aftermarket on places like Ebay, and cause all sorts of headaches. In terms of quality, parts used in manufacturing are generally A parts, parts sold by dealers are A&B parts, and parts sold off in overstock sales can be anything from A-D parts. Just because they were made by the initial manufacturer does not mean that they met the original design specs in every way, were not used for testing, etc.

All that said... when it comes to these clutches, ZERO BALANCE YOUR FLYWHEEL/CLUTCH ASSEMBLY EVERY TIME. I have seen so many out of balance it is ridiculous.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luk clutch here with 10 pounds of boost on Roe SC. No slippage, 660 rwhp/710 rwtrq. Luk works fantastic at this power level. ;)