Lundqvist has bought his viper! She was "born" December 18th 2009!! Black Mamba

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone! its been a LONG journey but its finally here. Brought the baby home tonight. A few detials about the car.

its a 2004 black mamba edition with the red interior (obvously) it has 7 year 70k warranty. 21 thousand miles. NEW ps2 tires and iforged RIMS , full racing exaust and knb cold air intake. SHES BEAUTIFUL. i cant stop looking at it.

as some of you guys have read my thread im still learning to drive stick and will not be driving the car untill i learn how. Really looking forward to joining the club esp the southern cali club.

Few things i want to do to the car. Get tint, GPS system, some sort of anti theft. 08 hood (not sure how much they cost) and 1 red strip coming down the driver side. (its a conv so that might be a bit cheesy)

its 9pm so its to dark for pictures BUT gonna try and take some anyway. as im sure everyone wants to see pics. TOMMARROW i will take better pictures for sure.

quick question. i still havent added this car to my insurance, isnt there a grace period where ur car is covered when u buy it?

any other suggestions or help would be awesome. any viper owners who might want to talk on the phone to give me a few tips im all ears and willing to learn as much as i can.

THANKS SO MUCH to everyone who responded to my earlier threads and sent me ***. Will be posting pictures in a few minutes (dummie cousin forgot the digital camera connect to the comp so were figuring out what to do lol"

The hood isnt cricket LOL i had opeoned the hood and forgot to close it all the way so one side is still not all the way in
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the Viper purchase. Be careful and enjoy! Looking forward to the pics. BTW, I dont think the red drivers stripe would look cheesy at all. In fact, I think it'd look pretty good. If you were to get an '08 hood, one of Jeff Lemke's hard tops and THEN add the driver stripe; THAT would look even better!

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most insurance companies have a 30 day grace period as long as you already have a current full coverage policy on different auto in your name. I like the drivers stripe but I am going with he dual myself:2tu:. Now post some pics:headbang:

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys pics are up!! sorry its late at night so its not good qaulity but tommarrow hope to get some better ones! im so excited i cant sleep.. i cant drive the darn thing yet but hopefully ill keep practicing and in a month or so i should be good to go. have a few people helping me out.

who do i give my vin too?

quick note, one of the reasons i bought this viper instead of waiting before i learned to drive was because i got a really good deal on it and helped out a nice guy by taking it off his hands so he could make house payments and all the stuff we take for granted!

better pics coming tommarrow!

CarGo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, I hope to follow your example soon, looking for a good one is a lot of fun and for me buying used is almost more gratifying than buying new ( if I get a good one ) because it gives me a chance to fix little things and make it better than it was before.
I couldn't drive a stick when I bought my first car eons ago, I bought locally and the dealership had a detail man drive it to my house with me in the passenger seat. Great memories.
Have fun!

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hamr

i think its #155? im not 100 percent sure ill check. Quick question on the sideways? what do u mean? like if i open up the throttle to much? do u recom a quiafe system? im in southern cali so it hardly ever rains here and never snows, would i still need hte qauife system?

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since I lowered my car, I just can't stand the stock ride hight on normal vipers... To me, it looks like the ass end is jacked up like a 70s muscle car :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice Mamba.

You might want to RENT a manual trans car for a day or 2 somewhere.... a smaler agency would have them. Learn on that, and then try the Snake

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm with JonB on the learning thing. You CAN drive a Viper like a normal car, but there is that nearly irresistible temptation to put your foot into it, and this is a TERRIBLE car to make mistakes in.

Just take'r REAL Easy and enjoy the ride:2tu:
:usa:

P.s The SoCal Viper Club is a GREAT Group of Folks! Look forward to seein you on the next run.

Heres a link to the web site:

. : : SoCal Viper : : .

Dan & Cathy Everts are a really nice couple & are Super Knowledgeable on all things Viper:)

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hamr

i think its #155? im not 100 percent sure ill check. Quick question on the sideways? what do u mean? like if i open up the throttle to much? do u recom a quiafe system? im in southern cali so it hardly ever rains here and never snows, would i still need hte qauife system?

Don't worry about a quaife for now. Worry about driving it slow. This car is a beast and you can wreck it in 2 seconds. Don't plan on flooring the gas pedal at all for a few weeks minimum after driving it. You should learn what the car can do gradually, thats alot better than wrecking it!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are really pretty easy sticks to learn on.

Lots of torque down low reduces the need to slip the clutch, and they do not stall easily.

Worst problem is low speed bucking, but just sticking the clutch back in gets rid of that.

I taught Teresa how to drive a stick in the back roads of Croatia. All the rental cars there had sticks.

Lots of places in San Diego to rent sticks.

Easiest place to learn is a closed mall parking lot

V

Venomiss

PM you information to one of the moderators here with the VIN and make sure your profile is filled out.
Lee00BlacksilverGTS, or kcobean can help you with that and change you to Viper owner until you join the club.
Congratulations!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH Yeah. Take it easy with that baby. Black Mamba is one of the most desirable special editions so be careful with it.

Hmmm.... altering a special edition car like that might be something to think about. Red stripe would look hot, but it's not stock. Hell, it's your car, Do what you want. :)

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hamr

Lund,
First of all, congrats on your new Snake! As for this question, go back and read the safety advice I gave you in your earlier thread. It's opening up the throttle too much, too fast, that will break the rear loose, especially on cold tires, so when you start driving it, remember to squeeze the throttle, NOT stomp it!. Gen 3 Vipers have direct (cable) throttle, so it's easy to feel out with just a little practice, but in the beginning, apply pressure to the gas pedal lightly, and smoothly; it may help to imagine there's an egg between your foot and the pedal, and you don't want to break the egg. Think smooth; smooth with the gas, smooth with the steering, smooth with the brake; nothing hurried, nothing jerky, nothing rough. It may help to drive in shoes with thin, flexible soles, so you can feel how much pressure you're applying to the pedals. Don't try to overpower or force the car; ask it, firmly but gently, and it will do exactly what you ask it to do.

Now enjoy, and be safe!:drive:

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took out the viper today on a empty street.. got it out of first gear smoothly, stalled about 2-3 times, but NO grinding gears at all.. well keep practicing, considering buying a ****** for like 700 bucks on craigs list that is stick.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Jeeeezus... learning manual shifting on a Viper...

My friend in high school let me beat up on his Honda Civic for a week so I could learn to drive stick shift. Doing that amount of grinding and stalling in a Viper while learning gives me a chill.

Same friend let me borrow his motorcycle to learn how to drive one.

I probably owe him $1000 worth of transmission repairs :D

Yeah man, find someone with a ****** stick shift - even a truck - and rent/borrow it for a few days.

OP
OP
L

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UNR

does stalling the car hurt the car? i didnt grind it once though but i did stall it like atleast twice going into first gear

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
does stalling the car hurt the car? i didnt grind it once though but i did stall it like atleast twice going into first gear

I don't think it 'hurts' it, but it's not really good for it, either. Think of it as Chinese water torture. A few drops on your head are annoying, but don't really do any damage. A few thousand drops will leave you insane with your brains dripping out of a hole in your skull :D

You'll grind it eventually. Again, not a big deal, unless you keep doing it.

The low speed stuff probably isn't going to hurt it. It's when you get comfortable with the low speed driving and start trying the high speed shifts, while cornering, where you can do some real damage.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hamr

Forget the Quaife. In fact, this is JMHO, but don't spend another dime on that car until you've driven it a while and gotten comfortable with it - real comfortable!

When you do decide to put the pedal to the floor, do yourself a favor and do it in an open parking lot where there is lots of room for error (no curbs, lightpoles, other cars, etc..to smash into). At the very least, an empty backroad.

When the rear tires start spinning, the rear end of the car will kick out to the left or right and 'fishtail'. If you're not ready for it and/or you don't know how to correct it, you'll end up in the weeds. Please be careful and don't end up in the weeds.