Magnaflow Exhaust

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All Exhausts except CORSA magnify the inherent drone of a V10. Decibels matter.....only the volume and the tone changes. Some are worse than others. Magnaflow is a very recent product for GTS.....but has nothing engineered to address V10 firing pattern

Only Corsa is engineered to eliminate V10 resonance and drone.......

One problem here, is this: Some tastes dont care, or dont even HEAR the V-10 Drone. It is difficult for some owners to put their finger on it.

Those mnay of us who DO hear it, only hear it resonate annoyingly at certain RPM ranges..mine is 1800-2800, a prime crusing RPM range. But an ocilloscope clearly reveals it as a discordant frequency, made louder by all louder exhausts! But like a dog-whistle, SOME CANT SEEM TO HEAR IT. (Rock Concert Regulars?)

Last edited:

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had/have the same question too.
Im buying exhaust for my car this spring when i get it back out and i was thinking of trying the Magnaflow cat back as well. It sounds great on V8's so i was hoping it would sound good on a V10. Maganflow is a good brand, but alot of people stick with Corsa im guessing for a reson (no drone). Maybe more people will chime in with there thoughts.

JustinB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed the Corsa Cat-Back with H/F Cats a few weeks ago...................VERY HAPPY!

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the Magnaflow mufflers in the back for over a year, no drone. Maybe what JonB meant if you use the Magnaflow mufflers with high flow cats [ Magnaflow has that too ] you'll get the drone vs the complete Corsa system?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can always count on Jon for information. Yes, many concerts for me, but I definitely hear a drone around 2500 or so. Current system, Roe hi-flow cats, stock resonators (in sills), muffler delete pipe with small bullet glass packs. Fairly loud, but certainly could get louder!!! :p

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..mine is 1800-2800, a prime crusing RPM range.

I definitely hear a drone around 2500 or so.

Apparently diff exhaust setups have diff drone frequency ranges. I assume that headers and diameter of exhaust is what shifts the range from one setup to another. My headers+3"exhaust is like a trombone compared to the trumpet like 2.25-2.5 stock piping. My drone is from about 1500-1800 which is annoyingly right smack where i cruise to work between 65-80 in 6th gear. Sometimes i purposely cruise at 85 to get her up to 1900-2000 to clear the drone. @>90mph(2K and up) the drone is gone.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, the crappy microphone built into a camera or cellphone is not capable of repoducing this sound. Add that to the dumbed down sound quality to save space on youtubes servers and the average persons crappy computerspeakers or headphones all make for an unreralistic sound reproduction.

My drone if listened to for a half hour drive leaves some people with a ringing in their head. I dont see any crappy internet video listend to on the average persons system being able to reproduce that effect. We're talking about a sound that you dont just hear in your ears. You hear&feal it throughout your core... Inside your head & body.

To hear the drone i am talking about you would have to record it with a quality mic capable of recording lower freq and then play it back on a decent system(like my Dual sub home theater setup:dj:)