Magnecor Plug Wire Install

Reaction score
I have had alot of requests for pics of the magnecor wires. He is a pic of a local customers car. These wires are unbelievable.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert,
Is there any trick to getting the wires to mount into the stock wire looms? Seem a little too big to fit, but perhaps I'm just being a wussie and not pushing hard enough or did you have to modify the looms for them to fit?

Thanks,
--- Ken

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Ken, I used the stock harness. I just put a little lube on the wires and they popped right in. I am in the process of looking for a bigger harness that I was told about.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the same wires (from Albert, thanks), and could not get them to fit in the stock wire looms (2000 RT/10). From the photos, it certainly looks possible, but after fighting them with lube and finally getting them to pop into the looms, it looked like the opposite side of the loom (when I attempted to clamp the loom back together) was going to cut into the wires. So I bailed on that idea and got a set of the screw together wire seperators that a local shop sells. Only trouble is that they do not attach onto the valve cover bolts like the stock ones do. If there is a better solution, I would love to hear it.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
He is a pic of a local customers car. These wires are unbelievable.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd recommend that your customer put the factory heat shields back on. If he takes it to the road course for a day, those Magnecors will probably be toasted. The radiant heat from the headers will also get to the master cylinder and hard lines on the frame rail. This could cause the fluid to boil between the MC and the calipers.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Primarily because we already have the 10mm wires
smile.gif
and they look so nice!

Actually, it looks like with a little fileing of the looms to reduce the potential for cutting into the silicon wire and some silicon grease, the things will go together OK.

What I REALLY want though are anodized aluminum holders that screw onto the stock wire loom mounts and sized to take up to 10mm wire. I'll take mine in Red or Yellow thank you. I may even try to have some fabbed up if I can come up with a concept that works in the space available.

--- Ken
'01 GTS

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know if you come up with a custom solution. I know it would look a lot better than those stock black plastic looms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine