May 14th 2011 Event details

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Email sent 04/19/2011:

Fellow Viper owners!

It's time for the next event so mark your calendars!

Event: Personal tour of Hennessey Performance by John Hennessey himself!

Meeting place: Biff Buzby's Burgers ( 12702 Toepperwein Rd , San Antonio , Texas 78233 ) Feel free to meet up at any of our other two scheduled stops as well if you can not make this departure location. You can always contact me on my cell at (210)454-1345 to find out our location. Below you can review other stops and times to meet.

Time: Saturday May 14th 2011: Meet up at 9:00AM to leave at approx 9:30AM (We are scheduled to be at Hennessey Performance at 1PM sharp)

Description/special instructions:
Mr. John Hennessey has graciously taken time out of his impossible schedule to invite the South Central Texas Viper Club to tour his facility located in Sealy, TX. This is an event not to be missed! As most of you know John Hennessey is a pioneer in high performance Viper tuning, starting his famous Viper Venom builds as early as 1994! And the Viper Venom 1000 has become legendary, besting even the Bugatti Veyron to 200MPH in 20.3 seconds! I am sure we will here much about these accomplishments and more as John has invited us all to take a personal guided tour of his 30,000+Sft facility in Sealy, TX as well as share some history of the Viper from his point of view with some Q&A time as well. As a special treat John has also arraigned to open Lonestar Motorsports Park early. If the private tour and a personal Q&A with a Viper legend was not enough, track time exclusively for you is icing on the cake! I have never been on Lonestar Motorsports Park before but have been told that the 60mph-130mph runs are just as or more fun than the ¼ mile event. In any case if you want to race or just feel the acceleration of your car in a legal arena the track is great for everyone. Track Info HERE

Details of the day:
Leave Biff Buzby’s approx 9:30AM; a quick pit-stop (approx 10:30AM) at Buc-Ee’s located at 10070 W IH-10 Luling, TX 78648 to top off the tanks and meet up with other members. Leave Buc-Ee’s at roughly 11:00AM driving east on I-10 to eat lunch in Columbus, TX at the Sonic Drive In located at 2526 Highway 71 S Columbus, TX 78934. We should be arriving at Sonic at about NOON. This will give us about 45 minutes to grab lunch, show off the cars a bit and stretch our legs. It is always cool to fill up a drive in with Vipers! We will need to leave lunch by no later than 12:45PM to arrive at Hennessey Performance by 1:00PM; from there we will have a tour, talk, Q&A, and track time - A Saturday afternoon you will not soon forget!
For a directions of the entire event with stops 12702 Toepperwein Rd, San Antonio, TX 78233 to Hennessey Performance Engnrng - Google Maps

See you all very soon!

Kurt Robinson (TexasTonka)

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a blast!!! I have family in Columbus...trust me, that town won't know what hit them ;)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eric I might be able to swing out for this one. Look forward to seeing some of you guys again.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Awe come on that's part of the excitement lol.

I guess your right Andy. Maybe you could buy an ACR wing for your car while we are there....just don't be surprised when you find out that Eric's walking around looking for the wing off of his car:D:D Now that would be fun.

I'm just messing with ya. Brenda and I went there a couple of yrs back for a GCSRT8 grudge match between JH and some dude off of the GCSRT8 forum and had a good time. If I can, we will join y'all.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess your right Andy. Maybe you could buy an ACR wing for your car while we are there....just don't be surprised when you find out that Eric's walking around looking for the wing off of his car:D:D Now that would be fun.

I'm just messing with ya. Brenda and I went there a couple of yrs back for a GCSRT8 grudge match between JH and some dude off of the GCSRT8 forum and had a good time. If I can, we will join y'all.

Rob secretly wants an ACR, so everyone keep a close eye on your ACR parts!! ;););)

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Rob secretly wants an ACR, so everyone keep a close eye on your ACR parts!! ;););)

That's pretty good Eric:lmao: Thank you for the good laugh:2tu:

Hey, wouldn't that make it a 1 of 1?...or wait...ummm I think.....ah, hell, never mind.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty good Eric:lmao: Thank you for the good laugh:2tu:

Hey, wouldn't that make it a 1 of 1?...or wait...ummm I think.....ah, hell, never mind.

You're being a bad boy again, Brenda should give you a spank! Never mind, you might like that! :lmao::lmao:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Troublemakers are always welcome!

Troublemakers make things happen!

Cassandra and I plan on meeting y'all in Columbus, so y'all will get double trouble... LOL!

I hope you and Brenda can make it Rob, we could caravan out there to meet them for lunch. :D

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Cassandra and I plan on meeting y'all in Columbus, so y'all will get double trouble... LOL!

I hope you and Brenda can make it Rob, we could caravan out there to meet them for lunch. :D

I'm hoping I can E & E from my present loc by the 5th or 6th next month. We would be happy to head out with ya.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gonna run down the 1/4 mile Kurt? Which car are ya gonna bring?

Up in the air, want to bring the TT and see how she does, but have to get the fuel system 100% first...

The truck is running strong and want to see what it can do as well...

I wish I had a gooseneck trailer big enough to carry them both and I'd drive the Cummins down with both in tow... and race the Cummins again!

The RT is out, it will be one of the FI toys...

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How about you drive the B&W and I drive the truck? :D

It's going to be a while till I get mine back as well-they just called on Friday saying the new valves were the wrong size and had to be re-ordered . . . Looks like I'll be rolling in the F again.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about you drive the B&W and I drive the truck? :D

It's going to be a while till I get mine back as well-they just called on Friday saying the new valves were the wrong size and had to be re-ordered . . . Looks like I'll be rolling in the F again.

Tellin you man, got a set of stryker R heads with matching cam, could have that motor done in about 2 hours and dropped in by the end of the week, plus be capable of above 650hp....:drive:

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Austin folks going to meet up somewhere and drive out to Luling and meet the SA group at Bucees? If so where and when in Austin?
Ray

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Austin folks going to meet up somewhere and drive out to Luling and meet the SA group at Bucees? If so where and when in Austin?
Ray

Sure...my place ;) Just be ready to do a quick dust off and detail hit before we head out :O

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to have a hard time convincing a group of South people to go all the way to your place Ryan to turn around and come back South. How about at the Exxon/Starbucks/Waffle House at the intersect of 183 and 71?
We could plan to leave at 9:30am? An hour to Luling should be plenty of time.
Ray

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, but toll road the whole way back ;)

Seriously though, might be good to meet up at that 71 cafe with the big parking lot