May be leaving the Viper Family, for a while...

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Prior to owning a Viper, I debated for about 4 months between the Viper and NSX. I posted several threads on other forums and it was about 50/50 between the two. Don't get me wrong, I Love my Viper, but there's still alittle something inside of me that wonders "what if I chose the NSX". Well right now I have an oppourtunity to own one. I found a guy that's selling his 2000 Monaco Blue NSX-T. His asking price is $48,900.00. The car has 60k on it. If I were to sell my Viper, I'd ask about 50-55k for it. I took a look at his car today. Veru nice condition. We negotiatec and came up with a trade, my car for his, and he'll pay me $2,000.00 on top of it. Taking his asking price of $48,900 and adding $2000 makes out to be about $51,000 for my car. I'll thinking seriously about doing this. Your thoughts?

Bat™

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Part of being a car guy is driving a bunch of different cool cars, Go for it.....But first I'd check the Gen 3 site for a recent post comparing the NSX and the SRT.....Good luck

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Think you shoulod put down your crack pipe and give your head a serious shake!!!!

NSX= Girlie car

Viper = Man Car

Maybe you should trade.....

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I like the NSX, but it is no Viper. I find it hard to believe that an NSX with that many miles is worth that kind of money. In the end, do whatever makes you happy.

DrDJ

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your viper is one of the cleanest vipers ever and if you sell it your an idiot.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is insane $$$ for the NSX. They are great cars with a build quality a Viper can only dream about but they are slow without much for tuning options. Years ago I was at my buddies NSX tuner shop and a doctor came in with a black car in pretty rough shape. He wanted to sell it. Was kind of a weird guy. Just so happens a well funded customer was in that day. Next thing you know, the customer buys the doctor's NSX in the parking lot for $11,850. Now THAT was an NSX you could not refuse (he ended up turning it into a track-only car) even when the buyer found some used syringes under the seats upon disassembly!

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:bonker:

Dont do it! Had one for a while seemed like a toy compared to the Viper.
Some good points, cornered great, light, fast, easy to drive. Got bored
with it after 30 days, no sex appeal... Bad points "NOT A VIPER!!!"
Do yourself a favor and see if you can find an exotic rent a car place,
and rent one for a few days... So you won't kick yourself so hard when
and if you decide to do it.

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ur better off waiting for the new nsx... if they ever get around to it

Is Acura gonna put 300hp in this new one hhhahah. I cant think of a more underpowered sports car. I drove a friends NSX and cant say that it was any faster than a STI or EVO, which for a 90 grand Honda flagship sports car is absolutlely pathetic. DONT DO IT!!!!!

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't do it Bat! I was in a similar situation when I first thought about buying either a NSX or a Gen.1 Viper. I drove all the way up to New Jersey to look at and drive a 1991 NSX. I drove the NSX for about 20 minutes and I was not happy with the power of the V6, however, the car handled very well. I guess my first mistake was that I had driven a friend's 1994 RT/10 prior to me making the trip to N.J. The Viper was just more exotic looking and the power/torque of the V10 was unmatched! Keep your Viper, you won't be sorry!

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
keep the viper!

the new nsx will come out and completely destroy the market of the one you are looking at. if you do this deal...in 2008 when the v-10 (500 hp) nsx comes out there will be no market for the old 300 hp nsx. your viper is one of the coolest ive seen and the depriciation of the nsx to your viper will not be even be close!

i had a friend who had a nsx...very underpowered after driving a viper!

save some money and buy an old one in 2008...the market is sure to fall out then...then you'll have both to compare when ever you want...imo

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue - I was in a similar situation a few months back and I decided not to mainly b/c of the 2008 model. Sure there will always be a faster one but I believe the market will dry up in about a year in anticipation for the new model.

However, if you decide to do so, get the 2002 + since they do look little more refreshed. Be cautious of lease returns... I know of one (yellow) which was not only on a lease but on some serious N2O Best of luck!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Andy,
I know from the other site that you've wanted an NSX for a long time. These are dream cars, and you gotta chase what you love (sappy, I know, but it's true). The only logic you should apply to the decision is that if you decide you want to come back to the Viper after some time, the NSX's don't hold their value like the Viper, so you'll be "in the Red" if you decide to reverse this process.

My $0.02. Good luck brother!

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think about when you are sitting at a light, and a Viper pulls up next to you. You won't be able to look the Viper driver in the eye. Its a law of physics. Every NSX I have pulled up next to (OK, only 2), the driver would not look me in the eye. He knew it was no contest.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask yourself this...Why does the guy with the NSX "for sale" desire to trade for a Viper??? People sell stuff for reasons (good and bad). IMO, he must feel there is something indelible about a Viper that his NSX cannot achieve. Also, is he the original owner for all 60K miles?? If so, probably ready for a change...If not, that may be an indication of less than satisfactory ownership experience. Great to have choices though..so go for it!!

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prior to owning a Viper, I debated for about 4 months between the Viper and NSX. I posted several threads on other forums and it was about 50/50 between the two. Don't get me wrong, I Love my Viper, but there's still alittle something inside of me that wonders "what if I chose the NSX". Well right now I have an oppourtunity to own one. I found a guy that's selling his 2000 Monaco Blue NSX-T. His asking price is $48,900.00. The car has 60k on it. If I were to sell my Viper, I'd ask about 50-55k for it. I took a look at his car today. Veru nice condition. We negotiatec and came up with a trade, my car for his, and he'll pay me $2,000.00 on top of it. Taking his asking price of $48,900 and adding $2000 makes out to be about $51,000 for my car. I'll thinking seriously about doing this. Your thoughts?

Bat™

Andy, I say go for it and get it out of your system. My opinion is that after you drive a few cars you always liked, you will know which one fits you the best. Not that any of the others are bad it just depends on what you like. This is why I am on my fourth Viper because every time I sold my GTS, it was to buy a Z06, 996, or an NSX. The only car(s) I would buy now if I had Lance's kind of money would be a Ford GT or a 360 Modena, other then that I am happy with my b/w. Maybe I would sell it to buy an ACR or a different color GTS
but thats it. Either way good luck and let us know both cars are cool in there own way.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I say go for it! Variety is the spice of life. You know where I'm coming from...I just sold my NSX and await my '97 today. Hey, if I don't like it, I'll sell it and try something else.

If you don't like it, you could easily sell the NSX, especially here in SoCal and jump into another Viper or Z06 or whatever other car you want to try. Good luck! Give us some driving impressions later. :)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's a terible deal for a 60k mile car, the NSX guy has to be overjoyed. Ever think about why he is willing to trade as opposed to selling it out right? I'm sure he had trouble with that mileage.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Just checked the calender and it's not April 1st - you're kidding right?

Was just going to place an order for the overlays - but you've got me thinking that I'd be ordering from someone who's 10 cents short of a dime.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it's a terible deal for a 60k mile car, the NSX guy has to be overjoyed. Ever think about why he is willing to trade as opposed to selling it out right? I'm sure he had trouble with that mileage.

Actually I just sold my NSX with 165K on the odometer! I bought it from my friend who was the 2nd owner, and for the three years I've had it and the 5 years my friend had it, it had ZERO problems whatsoever. The only thing that went was one LED bulb in the taillight spoiler and a window regulator.

I bought it off him with 130K on the odometer...he bought it when it had around 90K on it. Its been the most reliable car I've ever owned. But I sold it wanting a taste of torque. :D

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd have to agree. that is a LOT for the milage the car has. the NSX's are nice cars, but you WILL miss the power and torque of the viper. Not to mention all the looks you get in the Viper, you wont see that in the NSX.

Whatever makes you happy though is what you have to do, i don't think that's an even trade, even with the 2K in your pocket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi